Some problems of sync, part volume and some clicks.

• Hello, just dropping by to tell you about a couple of issues that I had experience several times recently.

The first one is related to the 'trigger phase' of the LFO 2, when the PAN knob is set to its maximum value (positive or negative) with a sine wave selected (the patch panorama is set to the center position) the phase always start at one side instead of the center, when square wave selected, the phase start with a very short time of the sound (like a click) in one side of the panorama then change almost instantly to the other side and continue to work properly.

The second one is related to the volume, when running virus control in multimode, it has happen that the volume of one part (lets say number 5 for instance), unexpected suddenly increase by it self and there is no way to turn it down again, the only way that I had found to fix this is restarting the synth, i mean turning it off and on again.

Finally and lees common is that some times the synth transmit a constant click over 4 kHz, and some other times another under 125 Hz, the first one is commonly louder than the other.

I'm running the las update of the beta version 5.0.1.05 on logic pro 9.1.6 and OS X 10.7.4

Well hope to be helpful with the report.

Cheers from Madrid, Olé!

Adrian Ehrlich.

• The first one is related to the 'trigger phase' of the LFO 2, when the PAN knob is set to its maximum value (positive or negative) with a sine wave selected (the patch panorama is set to the center position) the phase always start at one side instead of the center, when square wave selected, the phase start with a very short time of the sound (like a click) in one side of the panorama then change almost instantly to the other side and continue to work properly.

This sounds normal to me. Mathematically speaking, the formula for a modulated parameter over time (denoted as t) is value(t)=clamp(initial_value+LFO(t)).
    Clamp means that values over 127 are considered as 127 and values below 0 are considered as 0 (even values in different units or a list of names have a conversion table into 0 to 127). The initial value is the one you set in the modulated parameter's own section, in your case the pan knob. The pan knob's values are I think 0 for left and 127 for right (even if it shows %). If you set it to 127 then add full LFO modulation (which is bipolar, meaning 0 LFO value is in the middle between the LFO's extremes), you'll get values between 64 and 191 which clamp to 127 for half of the cycle. The phase of the LFO means at which point of the LFO's "shape drawing" will the LFO start, and then complete full cycle(s) for as long as you let it. Therefore, in the square wave case, you probably chose a phase position that starts with a little tail. If you want to smooth out the transitions between the extremes, take the sine LFO and play with its contour.

The second one is related to the volume, when running virus control in multimode, it has happen that the volume of one part (lets say number 5 for instance), unexpected suddenly increase by it self and there is no way to turn it down again, the only way that I had found to fix this is restarting the synth, i mean turning it off and on again.

First of all, VC runs only in sequencer mode. I'm assuming that's what you meant. The part volume corresponds to the MIDI channel volume CC message. It may have been sent from another MIDI instrument or controller you have connected.

Finally and lees common is that some times the synth transmit a constant click over 4 kHz, and some other times another under 125 Hz, the first one is commonly louder than the other.

I'm having a hard time understanding this one. Next time it happens, can you record and upload? Also try to describe the loaded patch and whatever you were trying to play.
    Hope this helps.

• Hi flabberbob, I understand how lfo pan modulation with the square wave should work, the problem I tried to describe is: when this waveform is selected, with the pan modulation knob set to 127 for instance, the trigger phase knob set to 127, with the panorama knob of the channel set to center, the phase should start on one the left side right? well this don't happen, there are a very short time (around 100ms) of sound on the left side before working properly; when sine or triangle wave selected with the same settings the phase should start at the center right, well this doesn't happen, neither, it start at one side every time.

About the unexpected change of volume, you were right I'm running VC in sequencer mode, but still, is something that never happen before, I mean with an early OS version, I haven't change anything in my setup, there is no automation or other kind of midi message that I deliberately had previously set to change that midi channel volume CC.

Finally, about the clicks/ticks its gonna be hard to record it because it doesn't happen to often, still I'll try to catch one, is something like a kick drum playing constant at 1/4 note but without the mid and bass frequencies, just the frequencies above 4 kHz, in other words from 4 kHz to 16 kHz, and some times just from 0 Hz to 125 Hz, the volume of this clicks use to be around -30dB in the channel meter. This click is not related to any specific channel or patch (I always create my own patches) I could turn down the volume of the 16 parts and the click/tick still coming in.

Thanks for the attention, cheers from Madrid!!

Adrian.