Need Some Help With ProTools...

• Greetings!

I have been having a problem with ProTools 8.0 LE and the Virus TI Plug-in. I'm running OS 10.6.1 on an iMac with ProTools 8.0.3pr. I am using 3.3.0.00 of the plug-in / Virus OS. I am using my Virus TI 2 Keyboard as my midi controller through USB.

Note that this behavior also happened with the earlier beta, 3.2.0.07. This is a fresh install of ProTools on a new mac - installed 8.0 then upgraded to 8.0.3pr so any latent configuration issues should hopefully not be there.

I'll begin by saying that I've successfully used the plug-in with Logic 9, I've read the .pdf for ProTools and examined the sample project closely.

I'm just not as comfortable with logic as I am with ProTools and those evil Digi folks just announced the Eleven Rack so ... I need to try and figure this problem out.

I'll admit i'm a "noob" with midi recording for the most part as I tend to record audio tracks for all my "real" instruments such as guitar or keyboards.

But I digress, my point is that I'm really hoping this is user error and you smart midi guys can help me out :)

The end behavior is I can only hear output when I play midi channel 1 and it will play ALL of the virus parts, not just part 1.

If I load the sample project provided by Access it works great - I select any midi channel strip and they play fine. If I IMPORT the instrument from the sample project into my own project it works as well even if I add my own midi channels and route them.

It is only if I try to create the instrument from scratch that I see this problem.

I am using the sample project as a template right now but it isn't the optimal solution.

I'll go over how I set up the project to illustrate the failure I see:

* Create a new project
    * Create new tracks: 1 stereo instrument track + 2 MIDI tracks
    * Add Virus TI (stereo) instrument to insert A of the instrument track
    * Select Virus TI 1-1 for output of MIDI track 1
    * Make sure MIDI track 1 is the only track selected (for midi through)
    * Ensure part 1 is selected in the plug-in; drag some patch onto the part
    * Select the common page and set Main Out to USB1 L+R
    * Play some virus keys and hear the patch just as expected
    * Select MIDI track 2 (only track selected)
    * Select Virus TI 1-2 for output of MIDI track 2
    * Select Part 2 in plug-in; drag a different patch
    * Go to common page, set main out to USB1 L+R
    * Play keys, notice activity on virus plug on part 2 in but NO SOUND.
    * Select MIDI track 1 (only track selected)
    * Play keys and both virus parts sound at the same time even though the plug-in shows activity only on part 1.

Also, changing the volume of part 1 on the plug-in will adjust the volume of the part 2 patch but changing the part 2 volume slider does nothing. It is acting like some sort of "master fader"

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I'm happy to send this simple project to Access if it will help.

Kind Regards.

• I am having the same problem. Identical. I have it set up exactly the same as the tutorial, at least it appears that way. Your post is very clear. I have the same system except I'm on osx 10.5.8 current Pro Tools. Very frustrating. ;(
    Thanks

MacBook Pro 3.1 GHz Intel QuadCore i7, 16 G, OS 10.12.6, Virus TI 2 Polar Running Avid ProTools 2019.6 HD Native

• VC runs in my config under Windows XP Pro, SP3.
    There seems to be a bug under OS X, because this doesn't happen in my configuration.

A different problem appears in a similar case if I load my PT project with VC, and VC doesn't receive MIDI notes.
    I have to restart the project and it works. It's a small bug but it still annoys.