So when will the Virus TI actually, er, um, work with Logic again?

• Hi-

I got my Virus TI back when I used Logic 7, 3 years ago. It worked great back then. When Logic 8 came out, the Virus more or less was so flakey that I couldn't use it... garbled audio, bad sync, huge latency... so my Virus sat in my rack for nearly a year and a half unused. When Logic 9 and Virus V3 came out, it 'kinda' worked- sometimes, kinda sorta.

The v3.2 beta is the first version of the Virus that I've actually been able to use at all since Logic 7. Which I guess is a good thing. I know it's beta and all- but WOW. When you open the Virus, you are treated to FULL CODE NOISE! It's happened every time I change patches, or instantiate the Virus. It actually scared my dog out of the studio just now... yeah, I guess I just need to mute the speakers when changing patches. I should count my blessings, at least I can open patches now.

Really, is it just me? Am I the only person that for some magic reason just can't use the Virus in Logic? I admittedly haven't spent a ton of time on the Virus forums, and I'd love to know if Access even acknowledges it having issues with Logic over the years... I have been pretty patient and this is my first post to complain- I'd really like to use this synth that I paid all this money for 3 years ago... and I'm not switching to Cubase...

I would also like to cast one vote for bringing back the V2 GUI. The red and black interface was MUCH easier to read than the white one, and it aesthetically matched the hardware. Now the plugin looks more like an Excel spreadsheet than a synthesizer.

Thanks

• Have you looked at the tutorial PDF for Logic and made sure that your settings in Logic match the tutorial?

Mainly, using an acceptable buffer size (128-256), setting your Process Buffer Range to Small, making sure Smooth Cycle Algorithm is checked and cycle is set at 1/96

There are plenty of Logic users over here, and we are happy to help you.

Matt