Virus TI, USB and physical MIDI IN: need more extra more information ;-)

• Dear all!
    I checked the forum and found most of my answers, I just need to confirm my understanding and ask you one more question ;)
    so... here is my issue:

- I have a Virus TI desktop connected to an Octatrack (via midi cable).
    - I created several MULTI patches on the VIRUS TI directly.
    - When I launch my Octatrack , fine the VIRUS TI plays notes :)

now,
    - I have a laptop MAC.
    - I connect via USB my MAC to the Virus.
    - The virus recognize my MAC and switch to SEQUENCER MODE. FINE.
    - I connect my Octatrack to the VIRUS at the same time and starts song in my OCTATRACK.
    - The virus do not play notes. Normal, the midi notes sent by the Octatrack goes directly into my DAW of my computer :) FINE.

BUT... how can I RECALL my previous saved MULTI PATCHES? not the single ones, the MULTI PATCHES.

I found a beginning of answer at: http://virus.info/forum/index.…lti+mode+via+usb#post4422

* Can you tell me how I can get back my MULTI PATCHES when I connect my VIRUS through USB?

Cheers !

• You will first have to get the patches that make up the multi and save them somewhere where VC can reach them e.g. a RAM bank or a file. After you load up those patches into the correct parts in VC, you will have to make sure that the channels of the "Virus TI MIDI in" (where the octatrack is connected) are routed to their matching channels of VC (not the usual "whatever MIDI input to the current armed MIDI track" settings most DAW-s start with). Since the DAW cannot foresee the MIDI events coming from the octatrack, it cannot compensate for the plugin's processing delay with regards to them, so I also suggest using VC's Live mode.
    Hope this helps.

• Hello,
    while I was copying my patches coming from my multi mode bank to the RAM (like this the VC plug-in can access my individuals patches contained into multi mode bank), I removed my usb cable and I replugged the usb into the computer.

strange thing happened -> the multi mode is back!

like this my computer uses the virus as a sound card and at the same time my Octatrack can trigger the virus synth !

I know that someone from this forum noticed this as well but I did not took his "trick" for granted (sorry , shame on me!).. and it works .

of course, the Octatrack-midi-channels is send through a midi cable into the virus, then the midi notes goes into the USB cable into my computer. So in my DAW I have to reroute the midi notes back into the Virus :)

I guess that the Virus TI machine checks if it is connected to a computer only at boot.

cool :)