¿Problems with usb 3.0?

• Hi friend,

i am very confused because i installed my new virus ti snow in osx system, xp system and win 7 system but in win 7 I DIDN´T GET TO WORK… this pc it the last and all ports are usb 3.0… in other computer was usb 2.0 and work perfectly…

the problem is when i installed the driver all work correctly, when installer show to me the instructions for connetc virus ; 1º without connect dc power and usb, 2º pull the exit buttom to activate usb mode 3º turn on the virus plugin dc power and usb and later… the software dont sync and enter ok and dont work :(

when i open cubase or ableton and add a instrument track or a midi track daw show virus ti snow but when i add the track show again other menu showing the same…

now this instructions tell to me that i do the same but this time press the other buttom… tap panic… but dont work too,,, dont continue with the update virus… pfff

in other op work perfectly…. why dont work now?¿… its for use USB 3.0?

thanks

jesus

• Yes. Some USB3 chipsets don't work well with the Virus. Your options are:
    1) Check to see if there is a newer driver version online for your USB3 (and motherboard in general). Install it and see if it fixes things.
    2) Verify with your motherboard's manual that there are really no USB2 ports - sometimes they are implemented only as 9-pin connectors on the motherboard to which you connect cables from your chassis, or expansion brackets.
    3) Purchase and install a USB2 PCIe (or any other standard) expansion card. For best results, don't connect anything else to that card except for the Virus.
    Hope this helps.