TI2 re-syncing over and over again...

• Hi everyone,

just two hours ago, my TI2 Polar arrived. WHAT A FRIGGIN' BEAUTY!

Anyway, after playing it a bit, I disconnected my TI1 desktop, connected the Polar, shoveled up the newest beta OS and drivers and ran into an annoyance:

- After Logic had loaded its Autoload, VC synced all RAM and ROM banks with the TI, which took quite a while.
    - Then I loaded an older song which used sounds from the previous beta release. VC synced again for 15 minutes! :wacko:
    - After that, I loaded a newer song, based on the aforementioned Autoload. VC synced once again. X(
    - Now I 've just opened a new project, loading my Autoload again - and it syncs again. ;(

ARGH!

Why's that? What can I do against it? At least the change from the newest song to the Autoload shouldn't have synced, should it?

Or should I have uninstalled the previous drivers and VC first - it was used with the TI1. Is there a conflict? Old TI1 files hanging around, being different from the TI2 files or something?

Best regards,

Christian

• *gurgle*

After this last sync, I deactivated the VC plug-in from the channel strip an re-activated it without having closed the Autoload or anything - and it re-syncs again!!!

It seems as if VC doesn't realize it has synced seven times now... 8|

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Christian

• christian,

i've seen this before but we were never able to reproduce it. please do the following before you do anything else:

- quit logic
    - connect the TI using USB to your mac
    - launch Virus Control Center (applications/access music/virus ti/ ...)
    - select your virus TI and choose the backup tab. then make a backup and send it to access support ([email protected])

having the backup file might enable us to understand why it re-syncs every time.

usually you can fix this problem by repairing the drive's permission but as i said, i've seen it one time where all this doesn't help and i just want to make sure that we collect the "evidence" before the chance is gone.

thanks a lot

marc
    access music

• Hi Marc,

cheers... I'm just backing up and then send the file to the address you mentioned.

Can I afterwards repair permissions? Is there hope that it fixes my problem? If it doesn't: What else can one do?

Best regards,

Christian

• Oh dear... repaired permissions - didn't help... uninstalled and re-installed - didn't help! That's real bad - or call it unusable: It syncs every time I open the plug-in or a song that uses it. Same with MainStage by the way...

Do you know what's causing it? Is there a chance that another OS version fixes this?

*sniff*

Well, no studio productions, that is... Just playing... That's nice, too, but not for long, I guess.

Best,

Christian

• Hi Marc,

this might be interesting for support:

- I looked through all TI-related files and preferences, e.g. in Application Support folders etc.
    - In my frustration, I started Control Center again and re-installed OS 3.3 beta.
    - It also wrote a lot of banks to the TI2
    - Afterwards, I looked up the Application Support folder again to check on recently changed files. A new folder had been created that had not been there before: Cache > strange number (serial?) > ROM Banks A-Z

Here's a picture:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.bonsai-multimedia.de/public/bilder/ti_cachefiles.jpg]

Now, Logic only synced the RAM banks which took a few minutes rather than 15-20.

So maybe, these caches had not been written before, VC didn't find them and hence synced again.

I also just realised that now, after Logic's RAM bank sync, the RAM banks are also listed in the cache folder.

These questions remain:

- What'll happen when I restart the plug-in? Tell ya in a minute... Re-instantiating the plug-in does NOT sync again! Not even RAM banks...
    - What'll happen when I restart Logic or any other plug-in host?... Main Stage: No re-sync! Logic: No re-sync! Yipiiiiiiieeee!!! :thumbup:
    - What'll happen tomorrow, after a good night's sleep and reboot? We'll see... I'm rather tired... Hope this helped so far...

Best regards,

Christian

• Okay, even after one night of sleep, the TI doesn't sync repeatedly. Problem seems to be solved... 8o

Best regards,

Christian