Patch selection TI Snow

• Question for the experienced users here from a relative newbie.

I have had the Snow for around six months now. Very pleased with it and totally impressed with TI feature.

What I what to know is this though.

Let's say that I have three different patches playing at once and all are routed to different channels in Ableton so that I can process each patch separately.

At any time though I can only see one of the patches on the Snow display. I know that if I press the relevant button on the VST itself, then the other patches can be displayed on the Snow however, in a live situation, the last thing I want to do is to go into my computer, open up the VST again, click on, say, synth channel number 2 in order to either edit that patch via the snow or choose a new patch.

What I would prefer to do is the select that particular channel with a midi controller button and then do the edit on the Snow itself. The problem is that the buttons for channel selection on the VST are not midi assignable. Or at least that is how it seems to me.

Has anybody got a workaround for this or am I missing something very obvious?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sam

• I'm using a ridiculously complicated workaround at the moment that incorporates a m4l patch that latches to the VC's parameters so I can control the parameters from Push depending on which track I have selected. It also allows me to record automation on their output channel, instead of needing to do it where the VC plugin is located. Still, remote front panel patch selection is definitely a feature that needs to be available....I've so far found no way to do it. My setup sounds very similar to yours. When I get things in a state that they work reliably, I'll publish the patch with the next version of Monomodular.

I made a feature request post here, please add your voice to it ;)

http://www.virus.info/forum/in…page=Thread&threadID=5119

Cheers!

a