Virus TI2 compatible USB Hub for Macbook Pro Retina

• Hello guys!!

I did a quick search but didn't find a definitive answer. I'm not quite the computer wizard, but I know enough to know that I can't just buy any USB Hub and expect it to work with my Virus TI2.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Which hub should I get?

I need to provide power for an RME Babyface, Virus TI2, Oxygen 49, Maschine and quite possibly an external hard drive if possible all at the same time, with only 2 available USB 3.0 ports.

Can someone please help me out? I'm frying my brain trying to figure this out!! :cursing:

Thanks a lot for your time! Would really appreciate any help! :thumbup:

BTW my computer is 2.6 GHz I7, 10.8.5!

• Thanks Marc!

Should I then assume its ok to plug in my Babyface and Virus to this Belkin USB hub, while connecting everything else (including 1 USB 3 hard drive) to another USB 3.0 hub?

Thanks for the quick reply Marc!! Much appreciated :)

• I was under the impression that the Virus needed its own USB bus to operate the VC plugin effectively-

-dj

Nord Stage 2
    Access Virus Ti2 Polar
    Sequential Prophet 6
    Korg WS-AD
    Korg TR-Rack
    Roland XV-5050

• Thanks Marc!

Should I then assume its ok to plug in my Babyface and Virus to this Belkin USB hub, while connecting everything else (including 1 USB 3 hard drive) to another USB 3.0 hub?

Thanks for the quick reply Marc!! Much appreciated :)

i would not recommend that although it might work. with the babyface and the USB drive you are asking a lot in terms of bandwidth. the virus would be the smallest player in the game. give it a try. can't hurt.
    one thing you must avoid is putting other, non high speed, devices on this hub. they would instantly share the bandwidth with the Virus and you would automatically run into trouble.
    marc