Newbie just need to be pointed in the right direction re MIDI from the front panel

• I find every manufacturer has their own way of looking at things and often once you "get it" you can work things out. Well I have had quite a few synths over the years mainly rompler synths but this is my first Access and am excited.
    It a Snow TI and if someone could point in the right direction the manual seems to be a bit sparse.

Anyway what I am trying to achieve.

Only use is as a sound module in a band situation playing live gigs. Ive installed the latest software and booted into Ableton Live 9 and can get the control panel up but doesn't help me much. i DONT want to use the software or a computer unless i am forced too but if so hopefully I can save these MIDI settings etc to the Snow and disconnect it and then it will remember these settings without the total control needing to be attached.

Alls I need to be able to do is find things like the midi controls. I am ONLY gonna use this with a hardware synth and wont be plugging it into a computer or DAW as I am using this live in Single mode.

!) So is it possible to access things from the front panel things like MIDI controls?
    I want to do a few basic things like choose what channel it receives MIDI from my controller board on. I'd like to also be able to change, turn off or filter some stuff going through the standard 5 pin MIDI cable .
    An example: A couple of controls on my hardware controller are effecting the volume on the Snow. I don't want this to happen. I mainly want pitch wheel, mod wheel and note on and offs etc to be received at the Snow but not other stuff. My hardware controller has its own sounds and I want to mix these with the Virus live (not thru the inputs of the Snow). So my setup is really basic.

So where do I get to these sort of MIDI related controls for use in a live band situation without need a computer hooked to it just a hardware synthesiser as a controller

Once I get that sorted I just need to figure uploading patches and rearranging them but thats another question for a later date if I cant figure it.

Thanks for your patience.

• the Virus is pretty complex initially, but i actually think the manuals are excellent - id recommend reading both the quick start and reference manual, and if you don't you WILL miss out on a lot of features :)
    (perhaps you only have the quick start… which is sparse, being for a quick start :))

in single mode, use the config menu, and you will find midi channel under the midi settings
    in multi mode, the midi channel is selected as part of the multi edit for each part. (you can also turn the part off)

as for turning off 'CC', I think you have things the 'wrong way around', generally synths supply a list of CCs they respond too, its the job of the controller only to send these when you want to change things.

having said that, in the config menu, there is an option to change Page A and Page B to sysex (rather than CC, polypressure), I'm not sure if this stops the TI responding to CC , or if its just for midi dumps - but perhaps worth a try.
    (it will still respond to modW , breath etc, as this is in the mod matrix… so might do what you want)
    there are also specific midi option (again config and multi mode) about if to respond to midi volume and program changes.

if your hardware controller is limited in configurability in what CCs are are sent etc ( or you are controlling multiple devices at the same time) there are hardware midi filters.

note: I've a TI keyboard so things 'may be different' on the snow, but when i checked the snow reference manual it appeared to be identical.

• Light bulb came on in my head thanks so much yes i am sure its the same as your model.
    i read the startup but no i dont have the other manual so will look and download a copy

what I see now is Edit>Config but it only looked like it had a few parameters to change but then noticed under some of the banks numbers
    <Parameters > and see the < and >buttons scroll thru a bunch more setting including the MIDI stuff I had found the config menu before but not the extras hidden in it also I now see and simple and expert mode for config so thanks so much for heading in the right direction and Ill look at the other things you mentioned too. One other thing I discovered was a setting in the config menu called Midi Volume enable disable not sure what it does yet cause i dont have it hooked up but this look interesting also

cheers again

• I have a roland edirol pcr 300 and a SNOW, and also trying ot use independently from computer, seems impossible to find a way to sync out the midi signal through a midi cable (midi out edirol to midi in virus snow)

Sorry but i must be missing somenthing really simple, maby someone can help me?

• in the midi settings, you will find midi clock, set this to sync to external… it should be the default, but perhaps its been changed. also check you are sending midi clock from the 300.
    (again this is in the manual)