Monitor USB Audio on Mac OS X?

• Hi, everyone! I'm using a Virus TI2 Desktop, and I have my speakers being driven by an Apogee Duet audio interface on Mac OS X (Mavericks). The Virus is connected to the computer only via USB. I'm normally using it in Logic Pro using the TI plugin, and everything works well.

Lately, I've been wanting to spend more time working in Nodal, which is a MIDI sequencer only -- no audio or plugin hosting capability. Pointing Nodal at the Virus' USB-exposed MIDI interface works well, but I have to listen to the audio output by plugging my headphones directly into the Virus' headphone jack.

I haven't found a way that works and is reasonable for monitoring the Virus' audio output stream via USB, or record it. (I could continue using the TI plugin in Logic and have Nodal send MIDI data to Logic. Or I could plug the analog audio outputs into the Duet's inputs, although both of these plans are tedious and have drawbacks, especially if I want to switch back and forth between these two configurations repeatedly.)

Any thoughts?