No Midi in/out in OS X Maverick 10.9.5

• I recently picked up a Mac Mini, running Maverick 10.9.5, and it immediately updated my Virus TI2 Polar to TI OS 5.0.8.00.

The audio was immediately picked up in the Audio and Midi utility, however it won't let me change the sample rate, and the Midi driver was completely missing. I rebooted several times and fixed permissions for the drive, and tried different positions on the USB 3 connectors. There are no USB 2 connectors. Eventually hitting refresh after a reboot caused the Midi device to show (With both midi and synth ports), however when I 'Test Setup' I get nothing. In my DAW's (Reaper and Bitwig Studio) it shows the ports, however I get no input when pressing any of the keys on the Polar. I DO get some visible knob twiddling in Bitwig when I have the generic controller panel up for the TI, however mapping controllers does nothing, and no key presses are detected, even when input is set to Everything or just the TI Synth or TI Midi.

It's totally possible I missed something somewhere, but I don't see what I could have missed, I've been using Reaper for a while, and I'l admit I don't really understand what the workflow is supposed to be like for Total Control, but I would assume I could use the keyboard to record.

• I fixed the problem by switching over to bitwig studio on linux, since the mac support seems to be worse than anything else. I suspect part of my problem is the 44.1khz mavericks issue. I was running at 48khz before, since I only saw the note as an aside for another forum post. Regardless, I'm currently happy (Though without TI integration) :)