Using Virus TI (Polar) with USB ground isolator

• Has anyone here used their VIRUS integration software with their Virus TI connected to the computer through a USB ground isolator? Does it work or is there issues caused by the reduced transfer speed? If anyone has had any success with this I would like to know what isolator they are using.

Alternatively is there anyway to trick the software to make it work with the Virus via a MIDI interface allowing you to ditch the noisy USB connection?

• Hi staticdeathnoise (I hear your frustration), can you report back on how you get on with the USB ground isolator and what one you went for?

I wonder if you're having the same issue I am with my TI2 Keyboard - I have the common constant clicks and pops that are associated with the virus when using it over USB, I found a solution to this was to use the virus through its audio outputs for the audio side but to still to have USB connected to use the TI control software in Logic. But doing this I get this horrible constant digital static noise, if I unplug the usb port the noise goes away and the virus sounds great but the minute I plug usb back in the noise comes back.

I've tried different usb ports, all different combinations of power plugs, software restarts etc, all the usual things but I haven't tried one of these ground isolators and would be interested to hear your experience and if this is the same problem you're having.

• I bought a "Full speed USB 2.0 isolator with build in power transfer" from ebay, and it works :)
    No "computer-usb" noise, no Ground Loop ;)
    I'm very happy!!! :)
    I can use Virus Ti Snow software with analog output (without computer-usb noise) ;)