Virus Rack XL: Some knob modes are not available

• Hi folks,

I recently updated my Rack XL to OS 6.5 (Virus_rackXL_OS650x79_DE) and everything went fine regarding the update process - beside the fact that, when booting, the display shows some other numbers than the operating system release says but I hope this doesn't matter as long as it's version 6.5 that is running.

But as I tried to change the "knob mode" in the global settings it seems as if I could not set them to several parameters as I wanted. I was able to set them to either "ON", or "OFF" but not to the other modes like "JUMP", "SNAP", "ISNAP" or "RELATIVE". Have I missed something while updating or is this normal for a Rack XL?

Thanks for any clarification on this.

Best regards.

• Thanks for the fast reply, Marc.

In which mode do the encoders work then? Theoretically it should be able to let them work in "RELATIVE" mode all the time without the limitation of reaching any end positions.

On the other side I often hear values changing rapidly or with audible jumps when moving a knob - although the knobs seem to function normally when sweeping through parameters once the "jump" has occured. Is this normal?

Best regards.

• Theoretically it should be able to let them work in "RELATIVE" mode all the time without the limitation of reaching any end positions.

changes made by encoders are always relative changes to the current value. the "end" position is the maximum or minimum in which case the encoders will not push the value any further. i don't have a Virus Rack XL in the office anymore, so i cannot really verify details. at the same time, if you put the encoders into relative mode, it should works as expected.

• changes made by encoders are always relative changes to the current value. the "end" position is the maximum or minimum in which case the encoders will not push the value any further. i don't have a Virus Rack XL in the office anymore, so i cannot really verify details. at the same time, if you put the encoders into relative mode, it should works as expected.

Thanks for the reply, Marc.

If all changes on the encoders are made relatively I'm surprised there are audible jumps when touching some parameters for the first time after loading a patch.
    I really want to set the encoders into "RELATIVE" mode but I can just set them to either "ON" or "OFF" in the "Knob Mode" settings.