Anyone here with a Hackintosh setup that runs Virus smoothly?

• Hi there,

Basically, the Virus TI is incompatible (stability-wise) with newer iMacs and their USB port bus/built-in-hub system. It will drop out within 1 minute of playing, normally.

So I was wondering if anyone here uses a Virus with a working Hackintosh? I was thinking of building one, buying a TI again (returned mine, unfortunately) and seeing if that works.

Anyone have a stable system?

I am also open to hearing about any Mac Pro setup that you have working near-flawlessly with the Virus TI. Cheers and thanks!

• I had it. See my signature for specs, it's exactly the same machine, apart that now I went back to Win (8.1 64bit). The Virus worked as well on OSX as now in Win, exactly the same. Not Arturia SparkLE, not Soundforge, than I was sick of Apple OS upgrades frequency and hardware-software policy, where things grt dropped earlier than in Win world. I left Windows years ago for this, but now the situation reversed to Apple being even worse. IE: Cubase for win 8 supports win from 7 to 8.1 (more than 7 years back). Cubase 8 for mac goes from Maverics to Yosemite (less than 3 years). That's stupid in my opinion, so I dropped osx.
    Ok, I don't wanna start a Mac vs Win thread, those discussions are just stupid, this is not the place, it wasn't you question...and everyone has good reasons to choose its OS.
    Anyway, PROS: building your own machine (doesn't matter if Win or Osx) has the main convenience of being able to add a pci to usb2 interface there where you find a modern mobo with usb3 only or with an unfriendly chipset. Also, in my situation, having a decent bios, I could disable mobo's internal sound device, and that did a HUGE positive difference for the Virus.
    Also having both Win and OSX in a dual boot setup, helps troubleshooting if you experience problems. At least to identify if they are hardware or software related.
    CONS: messing with kext, finding the right and updated ones in insanelymac forums is a pain, setting up the hackintosh in general is not so immediate. And than, doing it again next year to follow Apple's updates is a bit frustrating. I had fun doing it, I like messing with those things...but not everybody enjoy that...and now, well it's time for some music. I prefer it than tweaking a PC!

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII