Virus TI Desktop Issues

• Hey Virus forum, you are my last resort for hope. First post, but I've always checked out the forum since a few years now.

Anyway, I've emailed Access support, and ran through their OS/firmware update, but to no avail. Even in standalone mode (There isn't an AAX for virus control anyway, if I recall - my TI has been defunkt for nearly 9 months), it doesn't work.

Before I moved nearly a year ago, my TI ran fine daily. No issues, never gigged with it, and always kept covered unless in use. I changed nothing in my PC during the move (except the motherboard, however its the exact same model as my prior one). Running OS 5.08 64bit. For interfaces, I've a Saffire Pro 40 + Octopre ADAT. Today, I decided to randomly fire it up. I found out, whats odd, is that it works fine before the firewire sync on the SP40 is active; using the audition function, sounds played through fine. But when the FW links, I get nothing. Opened up a PT session to test with midi, and had nothing. Every time upon firing it up, I get a white noise/whoosh sound from the TI. Before this was an issue, it ran fine for about 20 minutes, then the audio just randomly dropped out. It got progressively worse until it all together stopped working. This led me to believe its a hardware issue, and I need to send it to an authorized dealer for repairs. Thats no big deal, as I've an Indigo also (which has once again become the workhorse over the past year). Like I said, even in non USB mode, this is still an issue.

Simply the fact that today however, I noticed it worked fine before my SP40 sync'd up kind of threw me for a loop (I was doing a last test before emailing for repairs). As far as I can see, the audio clock and midi setup are configured right, I'm on the right channels in PT for my midi test, but am still at a loss. If I need to send it for repairs, that sucks, but it is what it is. However, if I could save a bit of money and someone can simply say, I've had a similar issue, do this, and it works fine, then that is even better.

If anyone has any ideas to check, or needs me to post info, I am more than willing and would appreciate any advice/feedback.