Is Cubase ASIO guard playing havoc with Virus TI

• Decided it's time to upgrade and go fully 64 bit. Previously running Cubase 5 32bit on Windows 7 64bit, all good. I'm going to be buying Cubase 8 Pro but I thought I'd test out the Virus first.

Running Cubase 8 Elements demo on Windows 8.1 (initial bought for another machine but wasn't running good due to outdated raid). I need 8.1 to work other wise a wasted purchase.

My question is, Is Cubase ASIO Guard playing havoc with Virus TI?

I'm getting problems and adjusting this seems to trigger some of them. I made a test project with the Virus loaded and this set as high, when reloading the project and accessing the Virus, the Virus says the buffer is too large, larger than 512 when my Presonus Firestudio clearly shows setting of 256, this causes the virus to not load properly.

2nd question, Due to how the ASIO Guard works does the fool the Virus into thinking the buffer is much higher?

I've had a play around maxing out Sylnth, then duplicating tracks and I really like how the ASIO Guard can give me more tracks before I get overload. I also notice that when you select a track, if you then deselect record enable, it made for more ASIO headroom, specifically the Real Time Peak meter. In my original set up, sometimes the realtime export would fail due to spikes even if I wasn't over half way on the performance meter. This lil discovery might be a god send for those projects.

I've made another thread for my other problems.

Thanks in advance.