Understood DP isn't supported, but what is different?

• Hi everyone,

I understand very clearly that Digital Performer is not a supported host, although some are able to make it work. In my own case, I couldn't get DP to even launch after AU validation, but I discovered that removing the TI Snow component allowed it to proceed (I have a Polar Darkstar ed. so the Snow plugin is not needed). Does anyone know details about what in the AU implementation is different from either Live or Logic X on Mac that makes it incompatible? I would love to have a dialog with MOTU to try to address this incompatibility. I am trying to run it as an AU on Digital Performer 9.01 in Mac OS X 10.10.4 and, while the plugin instantiates, I do get occasional crashes while using it, and consistently if I switch to another plugin or close the sequence. However, at least tempo sync is tight, even across tempo changes.

Also, is anyone using it successfully in Vienna Ensemble Pro?

Thanks for your help with these questions!

All the best,
    Kristopher

• Hey Kristopher,

I have DP 9.0.1 and have the same issues. Crashes and says plugin failed. I will try removing snow plugin as I own a Ti only.

I hope someone has a solution, as I need to use the Virus. I could switch to Logic 9, but that's not what I intended to do when I purchased DP.

Best,

Harmi

• hello,

i dont know DP but a possible work arround you could try is:

use DP and a "ReWire" compatibel DAW and load the VC in that DAW

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.