Problem with Access Virus Ti2? : Newbie Question

• Hi

I should be grateful for some help and information about the following issues I have with my Access Virus Ti2.

I am trying to work out whether my Ti2 is faulty or whether this behaviour is to be expected.
    I have recently purchased an Access Virus Ti2 and am using it as a
    standalone unit which is not connected to a computer but is connected to
    a controller keyboard via midi and the audio outs to a mixer.

1) I have noticed on several occasions certain patches produce a
    “Crackling” sound. These tend to be pads and are played using block
    chords.
    I have been advised that this could be due to a voice
    overload (Not enough Polyphony?). Has anybody else experienced anything
    similar? This “Crackling” sound is intermittent and cannot always be
    repeated by playing the same chords again.

2) I have also experienced what sounds like distortion on some of the factory presets.
    On one particular preset, I managed to reduce the distortion by reducing
    the “Feedback” on the Phaser Effect.

Again, has anyone else experienced
    something like this?

It sounds like “over zealous” programming, but I
    wondered whether some of these factory patches were optimised for
    earlier versions of the operating software and maybe they need to be
    tweaked for use with later versions of the operating software.

I am using version 5.08.00

All comments and opinions would be welcome

Thanks

• hi

I'd be interested in what others say here because I've just posted an issue I have with my Virus Ti. I'm hearing crackling/distortion wherenever I push the volume up. Have you tested this yourself to see if it is volume related?

Richard

• Hmmmm...ok....probably not the same issue then. I've also discovered that altering cutoff/resonance can reduce or increase distortion as well...maybe test that as well.

Don't know were you live but I'm in uk and it seems access only have a repair centre in Germany!

• I just updated my TI OS to Public Beta 5.1.1.0, to fix a Glitching issue, but now I'm experiencing occasional digital distortion, when using the VST in Ableton Live. It doesn't seem to be volume related or even when the TI is pushed very hard, but does seem to happen pretty soon after switching a patch when a song is playing. Most of the time, it's just tiny little crackles at the edges of the stereo sound-stage, but occasionally, it's more prominent. Any of it would ruin a recording session, of course, so it's not really acceptable.

Cheers,

EG