VIRUS TI2 Polar Audio over USB?

• Hi guys!

I bought a TI2 polar last week and by setting it up I have some questions that I couldn't find the answers anywhere!

1) Send audio over USB. I have it connected it with the USB to the sound card. But it only sounds when I open Cubase 8 and then create a TI instrument track. Otherwise it doesn't sound. Is there a way I can send audio with the USB port without running the VST/cubase? I mean, not having to open cubase to hear what I am playing....

2) how do I record the audio with the Virus TI application? This is what I am doing: I create an instrument track for the virus application in Cubase. I then create different midi channels that I assign to the 16 midi channels of the virus app. Whenever I record, they are all midi information. How do I convert those tracks to audio? I just can't seem to be able to do it. any help will be very appreciated! I am trying to understand the best way to use the Total integration! I am not using the TI2 as a sound card, the sound card in cubase is my main sound card. I want to use other synths that are connected to that sound card and to listen through the main speakers that are connected to the sound card. (I don't really know what are the advantages of using the TI2 as a soundcard)

Thank you so much guys! I am loving the TI2 and I am aware it will require some effort to make it fully work and fully understand it!

• ok, after a couple of hours of trying and reading stuff I got some "kind of solutions"

To bounce audio it has to be done in real time, otherwise the audio bounce will be silence.

But I still wonder how to create an audio track out of a midi track. My TI2 is connected through USB (Sending midi and audio to my mac) and I can't still figure out how to create one midi track into an audio track, to save some CPU to the virus TI2

and I would still like to know if its possible to use the TI2 USB to send audio to my sound card (M audio Fast track C600) without having to open the Access control or cubase.

THANKS!!

• In Cubase the simplest solution is by mean of a BUS track: create one and assign the Virus usb channels' out to it in Cubase mixer.
    Than record the bus track audio :)

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

• Thanks Daksha! I've been away for some days due to Christmas family time but here I am again.

ok this is what I did, it works ok but I don't know if there is an easier or more straight forward way to do it:

I created a group track and an audio track
    On the Virus TI vst track I assigned the destination to the group channel.
    On the audio channel I assigned the input to the group track, and the output to the master out.

And that is how I got it working! If theres an easier way to do this please feel free to let me know :)

Thanks!!

• You will always have to render in realtime when using hardware instruments/effects.
    Another way to translate render/record your MIDI to audio is to employ "Render in place".
    - Set the desired locator range and select the midi clips you wish to render, then right click and select "Render in place" and take it from there.