Virus hangs when used via USB/VST

• Hey all,

i got my Darkstar today and really was excited and happy.

But i have an issue - as soon as i use the Virus as VST in Cubase it very often has stuck notes (playing forever and only can be reset by e.g. switchin ARP on/off - the even keep on playing sometime if i change the current patch), the arpeggiator is acting like hold was selected but it isn`t. This is very annoying.

My Gear:PC Plattform / Intel i7 920 on an X58 chipset / 6GB RAM / Win 7 64 / Cubase 7
    NI Komplete Audio 6
    Virus TI Darkstar
    Yamaha MOX8 (but that isn´t even active yet)
    NI Maschine MKII

What i tried so far:- different USB-Ports - re-install of the Software - followed the manual as far as it goes (except for getting an additional USB-card)
    None of those made it any better :(.

Now i`m a little clueless what to do next.
    I really like the machine`s sound and it works perfect while used as standalone without USB

.I don`t think changing the USB-Ports any further will help (tried 3 yet and on 2 of them the Virus was the only machine on that USB-bus as far as i could check)
    - i suppose it`s a driver issue. I prefer to keep the Virus but if it acts like this it nearly has no value for me in regard to the desired setup.
    Using MIDI instead of TI/VST is not really an option to me as everything i used at present works as VST without any drawbacks.
    The issue just starts as the Virus comes into play. Sound > brilliant, possibilties so far - just WOW ... VST/USB behaviour - a big mess - sadly.

Does anyone else have had such issues?

Thanks & Regards!

Martin

P.S.: I`ll get in touch with access before returning the Virus which is only my last option.

• Very often you can do some simple things like
    A: Make sure you have the latest firmware installed
    B: Set your Daw to the same frequency rate as the virus (44khz or 48khz)
    C: Make sure you are using the cable that came with the synth, it's braided for better shielding and faster data
    D: Make sure the virus is on it's own dedicated USB port. This bit is tricky since inside the computer there is usually a hub where all or most of the USB ports connect to. That means if you have other low speed devices, like usb scanner, keyboard, mouse etc, everything will run at the slowest devices speed. One way to solve that is to get an MTT capable hub, and plug all your other USB devices into that and then hook the Virus either into that, or in it's own USB port. The MTT hub will make the slower devices appear to be faster and none of them will interfere with the Virus anymore.