Virus TI2 and Virus Control used with other sound cards...

• Hi to everybody... I am a Virus C user who would like to upgrade to TI2 soon...
    I wonder if I could connect the Virus TI to the computer using USB, but i'd like to continue using my M-audio Profire 2626 Audio interface on my sequencer... is it possible to use the 2626 drivers and to access tu usb outputs of the virus at the same time?
    Could someone explain me how to do it in FL Studio 9 (or previous...) ?

I would select M-Audio Asio drivers from the Audio Options... than open VC Vst... then? how can I access the 3 USB inputs and how do I route them to my mixer??

Thanks! :)

• I do something a bit like this in Logic Express 8. I use the TI connected to the USB to control MIDI, but use my MOTU 828 mkII as the audio interface for all my synths (including the Virus TI). This is because Logic Express is crippled to only allow you to have a single audio interface; I think the pro version supports multiple interfaces. There is a way to create composite audio devices in OS X, but sadly the TI interface doesn't work with this (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215).

If your sequencer allows you to have multiple audio interfaces and to assign track inputs from them, you should be able to do what you are talking about. If it doesn't, then you will have to use your TI like I use mine, routing your TI's audio through the M-Audio soundcard. I have not found this to be a problem yet, personally, but it is certainly not as nice as being able to get zero-latency audio from the TI's USB connection.

• Dear Nydhog

Usually each sequencer with VST support should be able to route the USB outputs from Virus to specific busses.

Maybe you can split some channels or busses in FL Studio from VST instruments as I do with Cubase.
    A samplers for example supports multiple busses to connect them to the mixer.
    Your M-audio Profire 2626 is still the master clock, this configuration should work well.
    Virus TI in VST mode is easy to handle.