Black Rectangle on display

• Hi,
    Ive got a 'weird issue', thats been going on a while, regardless of firmware. (Im on 5.1.3)

sometimes when I turn on the Virus (TI Keyboard mk1) , I will get a black rectangle in the middle of the screen , bit wider than the welcome message, and about 3/4 the height,
    and it stays there, even if I put it into standby and take it out again.. and even if I do a reset with the ARP EDIT key.

BUT... if I take the power out, wait a few seconds, then plug it in, and start with the ARP EDIT, the display is fine!

as I say its been going on like this for a while, its seems to be more likely to happen if I remove power before putting the TI into standby.
    my usual operation is TI into standby, turn off power at source), happens probably once or twice a month.

its not a big deal, just means i need to reset occasionally (thats about the only inconvenience, since I lose a few settings) , and the problem then goes away, and the TI and display behave perfectly.

just seems a bit odd... any thoughts? the battery has never been changed is this possibly the cause? (any details on replacing it?)

Thanks
    Mark