C5 key in Virus TI Keyboard controller not in the same velocity curve?

• definitely not a "show stopper"...and frankly, this *could* have been going on for quite some time...but...it sure is annoying now that I realize it:

I use my v1 TI keyboard as my audio interface and as my keyboard controller on my Win7 64 system
    TI's OS is 5.0.8

I just noticed that my C5 key seems to nearly always output a 127 velocity ...and when I try to play it softer, it will... but only when I deliberately play VERY lightly...and even then, it seems to register only a couple velocities outside max (127)...

this is the case when I'm using TI as a controller for other VST instruments, when I'm using VC, and when I'm simply playing the TI by itself...independent of my DAW (Ableton Live 9.6.2 64bit)
    so...I am beginning to be realize this may truly be a physical problem with the switching in the C5 key of the keyboard.

as part of my troubleshooting, I have re-booted the laptop, removed pwr cord from the TI unit, hard reboot of the TI (holding down ARP edit to reboot..)
    no changes in behavior of the C5 key

has anyone else experienced this and if so, was there anything outside of sending the damn thing off to be repaired that worked to fix it for you?