Keyboard dead on INDIGO 2

• The LCD display on my Indigo crapped out for the second time since I've owned it, so I decided to replace the stock white on blue display with a blue on black display instead.

I purchased a display board with the connections presoldered, and while I had a few issues getting the screen installed, I ultimately prevailed.

If you want to see how it looks: http://imgur.com/a/3yVn6

Unfortunately, once I got the synth reassembled, I plugged it in and discovered it was producing no sound. I suspected that one of the ribbon connectors was probably loose, and to confirm this I was able to successfully trigger the synth using an incoming MIDI signal.
    I opened it back up, and indeed one of the connectors was loose. I reconnected it, but still no sound. I reseated every one of the ribbon connectors coming off of the keyboard assembly, but I still can't get it to trigger any sound from the synth.
    They keyboard worked fine prior to opening this thing up, and it just doesn't seem that complicated. I am at my wits end trying to fix this. If you have any suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.