Virus KC Won't Turn On

• Howdy all! This is my first time posting, but have been a Virus owner/user since the classic rack first came out and love the Virus sound. At this point I only have a KC, which I love and is a cornerstone of my studio. Unfortunately, a month ago I tried to turn my Virus KC on, and it would not power on. I suspect that it is the internal power supply and reached out to Kemper since they have two offices close by and haven't heard anything back, so it looks like I am going to need to do the work myself. So, first has anyone else had this happen with their KC, if so what was the issue (if not the power supply), and finally any thoughts on obtaining a replacement power supply and installing it? Thanks so much!

• Howdy all! This is my first time posting, but have been a Virus owner/user since the classic rack first came out and love the Virus sound. At this point I only have a KC, which I love and is a cornerstone of my studio. Unfortunately, a month ago I tried to turn my Virus KC on, and it would not power on. I suspect that it is the internal power supply and reached out to Kemper since they have two offices close by and haven't heard anything back, so it looks like I am going to need to do the work myself. So, first has anyone else had this happen with their KC, if so what was the issue (if not the power supply), and finally any thoughts on obtaining a replacement power supply and installing it? Thanks so much!

contact us again by using the contact form on the access website. also, please check your spam filter for mails
    thanks!

• Exact same issue with my Kc a few weeks ago.
    The Kc did not start after switching it on. I thought it was some PSU issue.
    Then It started to boot after a few seconds (10-15 sec) after leaving the power on.
    I've had this problem for a few days, and now it seems to be gone. I guess the PSU starts to show it's age.
    Since I know all my synth's PSU are a ticking bomb, and with a limited life span, i usually turn off the power supply rack when I'm not using the gear.
    I guess it's quite relevant for a TI PSU, which is always powered and doesn't sport an hardware switch on the rear.

• Since I know all my synth's PSU are a ticking bomb, and with a limited life span, i usually turn off the power supply rack when I'm not using the gear.
    I guess it's quite relevant for a TI PSU, which is always powered and doesn't sport an hardware switch on the rear.

i wouldn't generalise your statement. i barely ship replacement PSUs and even the oldest bricks we have in the office still work fine. some got noisy, but that's a different issue.

• Glad to hear it Marc !
    From my experience with computers, PSUs ares often the weakest link as time goes by.
    My Kc is now 15yrs/o and my TI2 a little less obviously but at this point a dying PSU wouldn't surprise me so far.

BTW do you have the Kc PSU specs ?
    I guess I need to source one sooner than later. My beloved "c" was a bit reluctant to boot up this evening