Hardware failure - effects LED blinking wild & more

• Hello,

my Virus B doesn't work well anymore: Very often, but not always, the Effects LED blinks very quickly (so fast that you'd nearly think it's on all the time) and when I press the Parameter buttons for navigating left & right in the menu, the menu sometimes suddenly jumps in the other direction as if I pressed another button. Same thing happens when pressing the LFO1 amount button to browse through OSC1/OSC2/PW1+2/RESO1+2/ASSIGN: sometimes the position doesn't change and I have to press the Amount button another time for the jump to occur.

First I thought it could be the 12V AC/DC power supply: My 12V Power supply was faulty (the electrolytic capacitor inside had blown which led to rectified, but non-smoothed current being sourced to the Virus B) so I replaced the capacitor inside, did a factory reset, but that didn't help.

I also cleaned the contacts of the switch board with some contact spray, without success.

Any ideas what's wrong?

PS: Could it be the GAL16V8D Gate Array Logic IC on the mainboard that's not working properly anymore or it socket is not good anymore (maybe oxydized) ? I took that IC out and put it back again and that seemed to help.