VC - Logic latency and sync problem - solution?..

• For all those of you who - like me - suffered from unacceptable syncing problems and notes playing off rhythm, please try the steps I followed and achieved almost perfect timing, sync and elegance... while using VC AU plugin in Logic 9.1

In Logic preferences choose AUDIO->GENERAL from the SAMPLE ACCURaTE AUTOMATION drop down menu choose VOLUME, PAN, SENDS, PLUG-IN PARAMETERS and in PLUG-IN LATENCY section under COMPENSATION choose AUDIO AND SOFTWARE INSTRUMENT TRACKS.

In MIDI SYNC PROJECT SETTINGS choose TRANSMIT MIDI CLOCK to ALL.

Now it seems OK, zero latency while using audio outputs (S/PDIF), very slight latency with USB OUT, I would estimate at some 10 - 12 ms (LIVE mode off in VC).

I created a template for these project settings and for now it seems fine.

I am using an iMac i7, Logic 9.1, Snow Leo 10.6.2, MOTU Ultralite soundcard via Firewire, Yamaha EX5 connected via MOTU MIDI IN and a Novation SL37 connected via USB port (BTW: the Automap driver itself does cause some problems with reloading patches in Ultrabeat plugin). Virus TI desktop, 3.3.4.

Maybe you already know this "solution" but I didn't and it helped in my case.