Browser/Save problems

• Hi,

I have noticed that when i select the 'favourites 1' category on my virus polar, and cycle through the presets, it only shows about 35 presets, but in the browser section of the virus plugin the favourites 1 category has 68 presets.

I noticed as i scroll through the presets using the + and - buttons, it's like it just jumps some and misses them out.

This also seems to be true for all categories. It's like if i want to go through all presets then i have to scroll using the virus plugin browser.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong or if i have missed something? I would like to be able to scroll through the categories and have access to ALL the presets within that category.

Hope that makes sense, many thanks.

(also - i have created my own bank for my custom made sounds, called 'my patches' but this doesn't show up on the lcd screen on the virus, i have to go into the browser in the plugin to see my bank, am i doing something wrong here too?)

Thanks for any help or advice, i really appreciate it.

Tom

• You have to load your bank "mypatches" into the TI Ram or ROM. Then all the patches in your bank will be on the TI itself. Consult the manual or search the forum if you don't know how todo it. I suspect that the other problem is related. Your banks on the VC and the TI are not in sync. For example you loaded a bank from disk and haven't saved that bank to the TI. Therefore you will have a different number of patches in that and other categories. However, this is pure speculation as I don't know what exactly you did or didn't do.

• The ROM banks are flash ROM and basically read only (from the perspective of the TI. You can not save to ROM). You have to load the sound into RAM to change/edit them. Ok you would only need enough RAM to hold one patch but writing to ROM is time consuming and is actually done via the USB cable from the computer using the Virus Control Center programme. The RAM banks are a nice feature to quickly store edited patches or new creation without the need to have a computer connected just because you want to edit a few patches. Also you can easily create a collection of sound for you performance without the need to dial through all the ROM banks to get to the next patch you want to play. I see the ROM as a repository of thousands of patches and the RAM as a performance repository that can be changed on the fly.

You are right the patches in the RAM banks are copies from ROM patches waiting to hold all those new patches you are going to create.