Using the USB and Outputs 1-2 at the same time.

• Hi, I have a question for all the virus ti polar experts out there.

Is it possible to use the Virus Ti Polar with the USB plugged in (plugin synth) and use the outputs 1-2 at the same time?

I am trying to use it as the plugin synth, but at the same time be able to get sound out of outputs 1-2 so I can run it through some outboard pre-amps.
    I haven't been able to figure out how to do this, or if its even possible.

Thanks!
    Justin

• you can use them at the same time but there are restrictions:

- you cannot use them at the same time on ONE part (so part 1 -> analogue outs, part 2 -> USB outs etc. is fine)
    - using Total Integration, the analogue outs will play the audio signal roughly 1/16 ahead of time.

hth, marc

• Marc,

thanks for this info.. but can you please advise me how i can play them at the same time.

Example: Using total intergration plugin on logic 9 to select a patch and create my pattern (midi), and then using outputs 1-2 to then bounce my selection track to audio.

How can I achieve this?
    My Virus TI Polar plays audio through USB even if my 1/4 inch cables are not connected to output 1-2.
    Is there a setting to change this?

thanks,
    Justin

• Example: Using total intergration plugin on logic 9 to select a patch and create my pattern (midi), and then using outputs 1-2 to then bounce my selection track to audio.

you mean composing using USB and then bouncing out using the analogue outs? you would simply need to switch from USB to analogue. the fastest way to do that is to right click on the little "D" icon in the part bar on the left. of course you need to right click the "D" icon that associates with the part you would like to change.

best, marc