Virus TI spews nasty noise

• Hey Guys,

My Access Virus (4.5) stops working in Logic, just stops playing notes, or will sustain the last note played, unit I hit the Panic buttons. This happens in Logic 9.

I'm running on a Mac Book Pro i5.

Thanks,
    Monib

• Hi there!
    I have had my virusti2 (new) for about 3 days now,
    in these days it spontaneously bursted out into noise (sounds like it totally crashed, which it probably did).
    it seems to have appeared a little more often (or only) while I was stepping through the presets. can't say exactly.
    It happened in connection with Logic in plugin mode, with the USB cable attached to the TI2, dangling down on the other side,
    and with the cable totally removed, in case you were wondering. The only 2 connections were the power cord and headphones.
    At first I thought I did something wrong, but now it has been the 5th or 6th time.
    The last time it didn't stop, so I had to switch it off.
    Do I need to send it back (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) or is it a common problem that will be addressed with a patch?
    I have the newest TI OS 4.0.5.0.1
    Cheers,
    Barely.

• 4.5?

marc

YARP.

:)
    Thanks!
    That solved the problem (at least I haven't heard the noise today). Plus, it fixed the arpeggiator timing problems I haven't even written about yet.
    So, can we safely assume that this 4.5 is quite almost final? Sure f eels right to me!
    Cheers,
    Barely
    :D

• i'm glad that is working for you now. as for public betas: we put them out when we thing that they are save (otherwise there would be more versions). the term "public beta" is iffy, for sure - it is a beta version. for us it is a version that we feel save to give a try and need feedback from a larger audience. i personally would never install a new version in mid production. at the same time, i'd probably try when i face serious problems, especially i can go back without harm anyway - of course, as long as i don't use new features when are not present in the version i eventually have to roll back to.
    best, marc