Beiträge von m1ch3l

thanks, flabberbob.

my mistake was hitting double click in the preset box (0 - 127) instead of hitting in the part column (1-16)... bah. finally I understand that you must type the patche's name in the part's column, press SAVE, select location (library, etc) and you are done!

sometimes it is so obvious that you just don't see... :cursing:

many thanks!

You definitely can use this way to create your own libraries and not, it is not a necessity to save sounds into the TI hardware itself.
    That's why we implemented this "save" routine which lets you create your own libraries.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

hi there, sorry for resurrecting this post but.... I can't change/edit the patche's name in side the library I've created.

I have my library with the name I created but I don't know how to modify the default "- Init -" name in each one of the preset places (0 to 127).

I'm sure that must be stupid and easy... I can't find out.

I would appreciate help.

thanks!!

Hi guys,

After scrolling all 15 pages about recording on virus as soundcard without sucess, I place here my doubt... I'm current using my TI polar as soundcard (the only I have for the moment) and I was wondering how I could record internet sounds (youtube, for example) and pc sounds (windows media player ie) through Cubase 5.

In the most of soundcards all you have to do in the mixer software is put a "send" in windows (wave) audio channel to an asio input and then in cubase route this new asio input into device manager. press record and it 's done! but the same doesn't happen in the virus polar soundcard... at least I couldn't manage to record any external audio so far.

Any of you have tried that already? I'm not able to route windows (wave) sound to be recorded in Cubase.

thanks!!

I finally got the virus perfectly sounding in C5. After many connecting cables attempts and asking all forums around, the problem was in the Virus in/output midi routing options... I may say that it is not easy to navigate on it and I only could make it sounds on C5 after resetting the Virus. Probably when I bought the virus it came with a weird routing... that’s why I couldn’t figure out.

The connection which works for me:
    Soundcard (E-MU 1616 pci) midi OUT to Virus midi IN. Audio OUT of virus to audio IN soundcard (1616 mixer software - added send to input channel to route asio channel).
    Midi controller (SL MK2) connected via USB
    C5 – midi track: input / all midi inputs and output / soundcard (emu 1616) midi port

Thanks for your help

No, i didnt install virus software suite.

I'm afraid I will need some help on that too... considering the Virus Classic doesnt have usb connection.

If there is one, how can I install the software suite via MIDI cable? Not sure about Virus/Control in Virus Classic. I really don't know.

That's what I did so far:

USB controller (SL mk2) to computer USB port.

MIDI out on M-Audio interface to the MIDI in on the Virus Classic.

Audio OUTputs (L+R) on the Virus to the audio INputs on your M-Audio interface (1+2.)

I created a MIDI/audio track in cubase but I’m unable to listen anything.

i'm getting crazy... i can't even test my VA

Now I tried this: I connected cable midi OUT (midi controller) in virus midi IN (to capture midi signal from midi controller) and then I connected cable audio output (virus) in audio input (soundcard).

I added an external instrument bus in C5 and routed to my soundcard output. Any clue? still no sound.

Well, it is my first synth and I can’t get any sound using Cubase 5 and Novation SL MK2 (as trigger midi controller source). I started hooking midi cable, midi IN (virus) and midi OUT (sl mk2)… what’s next?

I also tried to connect it directly in my sound card with no luck. I suppose that I need very basic information… I read manual, searched access website and I’ve google around but all information I got is regarding Virus TI.

Since I always have being using vst plugins, I’ve never really cared about how a V.A. works/connects… well one needs to start somehow.

My setup: i7, XP 64, C5, m-audio studiophile 2496, novation sl mk 2, virus classic

I appreciate any help.

tks
    :)