Beiträge von GREYFRYER

When I used to use Cubase 4 I could simply get everything how I wanted it and hit Export-Audio mixdown and it would give me a file that I could open in ITunes and I could bore my friends with my track at work whilst I listened for what needed to change and work on it the following night and all was right with the world .
    Try and do that in 8.5 and you will receive the message "Virus TI tracks are not supported in audio mixdown ." Boring or what ?
    So what is the work around ?

1, Set up your access virus TI as an instrument track.
    2, Create several Midi tracks assigned to the Access Virus TI and record each part (midi) on each track .
    3, Create a "group/fx bus and assign the Access Virus TI to it, this is easiest done in the mixer window (Access Virus IN ,assign the group bus output to your main stereo out )
    4, Create a single audio track assigned to receive from the group bus, again assignment is vastly easier in the mixer window .
    5. hit record on your audio track and play one soloed midi track .
    6 repeat 5 until all midi tracks have their own audio track .
    7 Now when you export your mixdown all is well just remember to mute any midi tracks that you have recorded or you will get the message again .

You advanced guys will probably say "yes....Obviously that is how you do it " but for a nube like me I would have loved someone to tell me this a few hours ago .

Hope this helps some of the new guys or old pros who are having an upgrade nightmare .(like me)[*]

The only way I seem to be able to export audio files / render to audio is to physically have an audio connection to my ASIO and not just a USB connection . Is this true ? It is a bit of a ball ache having to switch from usb to audio out and record in realtime every time I want to dump my tune on iTunes , is there no workaround ?

Thank you, the issue turned out to be a bit bigger than I thought. I stripped my computer of all elements of the TI and reinstalled it very carefully and the patches presented themselves in documents as they should be .
    Thank you
    For an EvilGus you are very .....unevil :)

I have recently upgraded to a new computer with windows 10 and downloaded the 64 bit drivers and all is well with my virus
    EXCEPT

I cannot for the life of me work out where to put my folder of patches so that the virus can find them, I cant find a patch folder in program files, steinbergh vst plug in files , program files86 anything .
    Where should they go please ?

I will be installing Virus TI on my new windows 10 64 bit system with cubase 8.5 soon .

Is it best to still download the 2 year old beta or is there a better finalised version for the latest version ? (couldn't find one )

No, you don't need to uninstall the software from the old one. Only need to copy across any downloaded sound banks, if you have any. (For use in Virus Control Browser.)

Are you moving from 32-bit to 64-bit O.S and software? That will have more impact. Need to install the 64-bit TI software in the right folder, so that Cubase will see the plugin.

EG

I am guessing that I will need some help and advice with this , (you are probably seeing a pattern emerging here )
    I presume that as I down load my software there will be some sort of prompt for this as I will be on a 64 bit system ?

I am going to be upgrading my entire studio soon and I will be getting a new computer and upgrading Cubase to version 8.
    My question is ,
    Do I need to uninstall my old virus ti software from my old computer in order to install my virus ti on my new computer ? Are there any multi user license issues or anything like that or is it just simply a case of installing the ti on my new computer . I want a firm idea in my mind before I take the plunge .
    Any other snippets of info or warnings would be much appreciated .
    Thanks in advance.

I am going to be upgrading my entire studio soon and I will be getting a new computer and upgrading Cubase to version 8.
    My question is ,
    Do I need to uninstall my old virus ti software from my old computer in order to install my new virus ti on my new computer ? Are there any multi user license issues or anything like that or is it just simply a case of installing the ti on my new computer . I want a firm idea in my mind before I take the plunge .
    Any other snippets of info or warnings would be much appreciated .
    Thanks in advance.