Beiträge von Fringe

ok thanks. Too bad there was no dedicated option for this in the Virus. At least I know for sure and aren't crazy for not being able to find it.

Is the Virus Ti capable of adding Tremolo to a patch? I don't see a cut and dry option listed for this like on some soft synths I am familiar with.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Thanks a lot for this info Marc. I really was worrying even without reading the Facebook page that the synth would be discontinued and no longer supported. Though I know this will inevitably happen at some point, I am glad to know it is not now. I am very excited to hear what these new features will be in future software updates. The past two January NAMM's have brought us great things and I have a feeling this will be no different. You guys at Access are top notch when it comes to customer loyalty and getting the most bang for our bucks when it comes to our investment with your synths. Please continue to keep up the great work.

Here is to hoping for a chorder feature and additional envelopes!

we don't cut off OS versions because of marketing decisions.

best, marc

And this is why myself and probably so many others adore you guys at Access. You continue to give and give and give just because you can, you do not come out with new revisions forcing us, the consumer to give and give and give with our wallets every time a new feature etc becomes available in the Virus line. If only your fellow Germans at Steinberg saw things the way you do. Instead, they deliberately leave bugs unfixed and features left out so we will pony up for each and every upgrade, only to be disappointed over and over in the long run. That is another story and totally off topic however.

you're right, 5 month is a long while. the very unfortunate bit is that we worked that long but at the same time, the outcome is maintenance and no new features.

best, marc

Doesn't hurt to hope just a little does it? I appreciate any update, especially when it is free. Maintenance is very important so I will not shut it down. Would I have liked new features, certainly, but they were not announced before hand so I had nothing really to expect other than what my imagination led me to believe could happen. Either way, thanks for all the hard work, I know we are all looking forward to this update.

great news, thanks for sharing! Hard to believe it has been almost 5 full months since the last update. Might not be that long for other manufacturers, but usually they are more frequent then this coming from Access. I can't wait to play with the additional envelopes being introduced in this new version. ;)

Probably a complete coincidence, but I was just checking out the Novation UltraNova synth and it seems they have a few good functions that have been requested to be put into the Virus earlier this year after OS4 was released, mainly the following:

1.) More than 2 envelopes, in fact I think the UltraNova has 4-6 envelopes.
    2.) Built in compressor in the FX section.
    3.) Chorder function.

I am in no way interested in the Ultranova as I still feel it could never touch a Virus, but it is nice to see they have put in some handy features I wish I would see on the Virus. I still hope in the future to see the above added to the Virus, as it would really sweeten an already wonderful synth.

Nice use of the Doc Scott Shadow Boxing loop, however, perhaps try and very it up a bit? Make it a bit more interesting over the basic 2 step it is now? I would see about compression/eq on the loop, perhaps even layering to really beef it up a bit. Sounds too thin. Parallel compression really being slammed could also help to thicken up the drums a bit. Besides that, good job, I like the movie like string found throughout the track.

I literally JUST emailed Jorg at Access about this over the weekend, asking for addition envelopes that are not tied down to a pre determined parameter in the Virus. I was told, no promises can be made although more envelopes would be nice to see in the Virus. The idea will be passed on to the developers and we will all just have to wait and see what the future brings.

Sweet it works. Definitely adds some output and warmth, you have to play with the settings a bit however, as at times it almost sounded like notes were being phased, other than that, neat trick. How you found whether the LFO settings or waveform play a role in the sound?

Hi Marc, this is where I am confused. The showing on my end has no 't' listed whatsoever. This is why I originally started the thread, as I had no clue that 1/12 actually was 1/8t, and 1/24 was actually 1/16t etc. All I see are 1/8, 3/32, 1/12, 1/16 etc. Should I actually be seeing actual triplet listed values such as 1/8t, 1/16t etc? If so I am not. This is in the VST2 and VST3 variant of the loaded VC plugin. I originally expected to see 1/8t, 1/16t etc but never did. Believe me, I am not that stupid that I would start this thread if things were clearly labeled. I only found out 1/12 was 1/8t, and 1/24 was 1/16t by google searching after I started the thread. I am still unsure what other values are such as 3/32 etc. I was hoping I could find out what the other values translated to if they are not clearly listed.

Excuse my ignorance on this, but does the Virus Ti not have triplet clock values when syncing the LFO to the tempo of the track? I find this extremely useful (and needed) for doing wobbly, time changed basslines like those found in Dubstep and DnB. Many soft synths do this and it works quite well, however, I am finding no such values in the LFO clock rate menus. I may be missing something, but the obvious 1/8t, 1/16t etc isn't listed and I am finding this very limiting. It has the standard clock rates of 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, but nothing that shows triplet values unless the more exotic values such as 3/32, 3/16 etc are triplet values and I am just too stupid to know this?? Can anyone confirm if the LFO Clock rates do or do not contain triplet values, and if I am missing something, can someone please sort me out with an answer, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.