Beiträge von muzikman2008

Do you have the USB connection enabled at the time? i had similar problems, and but it down to midi data triggering notes over USB. Usually if im browsing the internet on IE explorer.. media player plays midi files???.. and some incorrect routed midi data getting through?..only a rough idea but only reason i could imagine it to be. Like you say its hard to pinpoint because its so random, glad i dont use my virus live... 8|

i had the same issue with my unit when i first got it. and the support was pretty much the same. i've done all this USB replacements, cable changes, PC OS reinstallation, Virus TI OS reinstallation even before they were telling me about this.. and the problem gone only after unit replacement.. in my case i had to wait for the replacement for one more month because i ordered my virus from the states to israel to save some cash but in the end i even spended more then if i would buy the unit in my country.

happy that everything is good for your now and you can enjoy the virus sound.

PS. now i'm pretty afraid to install the new Virus TI OS5.

Thats not good... I would think Access' quality control would be better on new products they send out.... maybe "most of us" were lucky?... :wacko: I work in a mass production electronics assembly factory in UK and as a quality control guy expect more!..to be honest.. OK! sure some get through the final inspection but after a long "soak test" of products, they should pass the test and off they go!.. but being a German company, i hope Access has better or if not, maintains its "long tradition!" of quality assurance???.. i always respected the Germans for their quality, as i work for a German Technical director who always bragged about the German ethics and ways of quality assurance and technical skills 8) he he... i love the German way, and their quality, and i must admit, i do have a soft spot for their quality, even though us British are overtaking them now... as a UK engineer, i feel we are taking their business because they are doing what the Greeks did,, "resting on their laurels" look where they ended up??... no offence intended, but raise the bar! get with it!... :thumbup:

The Virus as a soundcard is ok.. but its also USB 1 which is slower than USB 2.. limited on inputs & Outputs and reliant on VC to get the most out of it.. its primary use is as a USB interface for midi/audio to the virus, I never use it, as i need more inputs, and just use the analogue outs of the virus into my Roland UA1000 USB 2 10/10 interface as it overcomes any USB problems that many people encounter...(but i have not yet as i prob dont use it enough to notice) I will always use my virus the way i am now because its simply more reiable, offers more inputs, timing is accurate, etc... A seperate interface is easily affordable these days and there are a vast array of choices...

Horses for courses..

;)

I hope im not being funny here, or cynical.. but... have you considered the fault may actually lie within your PC/Mac set up??? the Virus as a "stand alone unit" functions perfectly well (in most cases) if it does not, then YES i would blame Access for your issues you are having, but as a Virus V Mac/PC problem... i would not put the Virus as a first call of issue!... cant you all see the logic here??? honestly... 8| ?( even watching the videos you posted, i can see USB bandwith issues.. which is nothing to do with Virus problems... Do you see Pro artists with these problems?? er..no... so get professional and learn your tool :thumbup:

And regarding USB ports, try any non USB-3.0 ports first. That'll be your best bet for a first try.

There have been a few users experiencing problems with USB 3 ports on these forums, so yes, try a USB 2 port first, as this is less liely to cause issues. Bear in mind the Virus was designed before USB 3 was, so although USB 3 is "supposed to be" backwards compatible with USB 2 & 1 its hit and miss as to if it works for you im afraid. Alway use a dedicated USB port for the virus alone to eliminate the issues a lot of people have with sync etc.. Im a windows 7 (64bit) user so cant comment on Mac USB, but i use a dedicated Belkin USB card with nothing but virus connected without any sync issues...

Hope that helps..good luck and happy syncing! 8)

While my *system* is 64bit and I'll be running a 32bit program mostly...do I need the 32bit or the 64bit installer?
    Again, I would assume that the drivers are determined by the system OS rather than the type of production SW...HOWEVER... I would like the 32 bit Live to see my "64bit Virus" vst ...and I have heard that is an issue: the 32 bit SW will not recognize or run the 64bit vsts...

You will need the 64bit version, if your OS is 64 bit. You can run any 32bit program, vst (well most) in compatability mode in windows 7 if need be. Installers will look at your OS version before installing anyway, however, your 32 bit OS wont see a 64bit application/vst unless you install that particular software as a 32bit version... so you cant go wrong... will either work or not 8)

I suspect its more a case of a faulty cable with intermittent connections, as the USB lead can handle data flawlessly over 5 Metres, i have 3 metres on mine but have tried with 5 and works fine also. However, i do agree the shorter the better, but it really is down to the quality of the cable & connectors on both ends. I had issues with a SATA cable for my hard drive, it was just a "crap" cable with cheap connectors, you get what you pay for. USB cables are no different, i would also suggest keeping USB cables as far away from mains power cables as possible too, as the 50/60hz hum from these can crosstalk accross cheaper, poorly screened cables. :thumbup:

Yes but not necessarily virus software fault... why does mine always install ok?? its some conflict with existing drivers, or install files... clean install windows, install ALL windows updates, ALL USB driver updates, Graphics card updates, as if it were a new PC, then and only then install the latest virus updates. If that does not work, i will eat my hat and give in and admit defeat.. 8)

Yes, i agree, you shouldnt have to do this, but everyones PC/Mac set up is different and access (or any other company) has no way of knowing every single users set up do they?.. you could have a peripheral causing conflict with virus drivers.. i have seen people on these forums having problems because their anti virus software sees the word "virus" in a file and stops installing causing problems, try switching your anti virus software off (if you have it.. which i hope you do) while installing VC.

Good luck 8)

Its obviously some conflict with your PC hardware/software because i never have a problem updating/installing new OS including OS5 beta or otherwise... i always say on these occasions, do a clean re-install windows as a last resort as this will guarantee to clear any remnant files on your computer. I know its a harsh answer to what should be a n easy solution, but you can spend several hours/days trying to solve these issues, and its simply best to invest your time getting your PC to a clean state before installing virus software.

I run win7 (64bit) and never ever had issues like some people on here, so its not access's fault it wont install on a corrupted PC is it??.. just annoys me the first person to get the stick is access!.. get your own house in order first, as MOST problems with virus are down to users PCs/Macs and not access software.

Hope that helps...

Your PC/Mac is to blame... not the Virus.. check your set up, re-install windows/or mac OS, try again... i have never had issues with virus and 99% of time peoples problems are simply at their own hardware end...sorry but its true!!! 8)