Beiträge von louis1

Hi all,

I am wanting to ask if anybody knows much about the sounds played in the logic tutorial song as in almost maxing out the note poly on my Ti desktop....What i mean is if i go to play another instrument say a one or two finger chord, then i often get the notes cutting off which i'am shore is the notes stealing kicking in.......Or could this be a problem with my usb bandwidth as there seems to be no clear indicator within VC software telling me neither....

Now i am sort of aware on the whats going to take up resources and will learn more as i go on, but this tutorial is by no way what i would of thought be to taxing on such a virus Ti beast ......So if anyone who knows and tells me thats our lot i will be a bit p***ed off, but will move on or should i be pursuing this widely spread USB problem... :pinch:

Hi all

Marc would it be possible to incorporate a USB bandwidth reading with in the VC software to show wether or not we are getting the right amount of bandwidth (which i believe to be 73%) and stick this on the first page seeing how important it is to the whole smooth running of this lovely sounding machine...... :thumbup:

I am shore the work involved in doing this would out way the countless reply's to what seems to be the same common problem!!!!!! Oh and one for the note poly would be nice to......

sorry if this has already been brought up.... 8|

a5hl3y2k6........

You are not on your own here as reading around these forums will show, i have a virus Ti desktop running with logic 9.1.4 and snow leopard on a fairly new mac i7 950 quad 8 threads 6 GB mem. So my mac should be up for running it smoothly you would think.

But i too have run into most of your problems but have managed to get it too work after a lot of time spent trouble shooting, though it can still be a bit flaky.. heres what i can tell you.....

I don,t think it plays nice with Lion at the moment from what i have read here and i tried logic 9.1.5 update with Snow and and it completely shot my system with hanging notes and logic crashing after 5 mins into anything :cursing: .....so i reverted back to 9.1.4 and its ok again.

You also have to make shure you the you follow the virus and logic tutorial which will help and it states to not use a usb hub and try to pick a port all for itself....NOW i have spent hours trying to find the best usb port that isn,t sharing it with any thing else by taking all non important things out and trying each port at a time and rebooting and so on....... and so on...But because of the way newer computers seem to hub these ports with in the motherboard itself dose not make it clear cut like in the manual seems to point out.....

SOooo like i say i seem to have got things running a lot better than at the start but i still feel like i am not getting full usb bandwidth witch i believe is about 73% on chosen usb port....... I WISH Access would just incorporate some sort of reading for USB bandwidth in there VC software seeing that it is such an important issue.....I read that something flags up in red when its seriously out of sync but this is after the horse has bolted imo.....

There is a few posts on here with guys saying the only way they ever got there virus Ti to run smooth is to get a pci-e to usb card, which i intend to do myself when i know which one to get for my system ........
    Strange though that Access said to these guys that they did not think it was necessary yet to them they have never looked back.......

Hope this helps.