Beiträge von bhooteshwara

As the title says i have problem with the VST loading time in Cubase 9.5
    OS is High Sierra 10.13.3

When i installed Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 everything was ok but as soon as i put my sound banks when i add Virus TI VST in Cubase i need to wait 2 to 3 minutes for the VST to load.

Maybe anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Thanks a lot for the nice comments :)

I have been away from the forum for a while but i am back with some new sounds

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Your opinion is always welcome.

About presets i will make a bank and upload it just give me some time i believe next week i will be able to do it

Does anybody know how to make the arp to control the filter cutoff but not to affect the notes that are played

For example i make my own arp and i send it trough the matrix on the filter 2 cutoff but then also it affects the notes i would like to draw myself the notes in a sequencer do you think that's possible?

Thank you Sebastian :)

Here is another track just uploaded ... This one had the most Virus TI snow ever used in a track from me.
    Other hardware synths are as usual

Roland JP8080
    Roland System-1m
    Novation Supernova
    Novation Ultranova
    Nord Modular G2

Thanks i will upload them these days.

Here is another preview if anybody wants to check:

Hardware used on this project:
    Virus TI Snow
    Roland JP8080
    Roland System-1m
    Novation Supernova
    Novation Ultranova
    Nord Modular G2
    Waldorf Blofeld

I read many forums lately and they say you need a midi synch product to synch your hardware with the software like for example

Expert Sleepers USAMO Sample Accurate MIDI Interface

Mode Machines Nano MIDI Sync CONVERTER

Kenton D-Sync Bi-Directional MIDI to DIN Sync CONVERTER

Has anybody tried this and can confirm it works actually?

Zitat

Would you mind to share which sounds are made with the Virus?

No not at all ... I will go back to the project and check them out ... I might upload some patches also is there specific place on the forum for that? Or should i upload them and provide just link?

Zitat

Here's a lil experiment for you. Set up any 2 of the inputs on your audio interface to be the stereo in on Cubase, the first stereo in (this speeds up not having to reselect the stereo in for each audio track in the experiment). Connect the outputs of your hardware to that input. Load a standard init, no fx. Create a midi track triggering that hardware. Draw in on beat midi notes. Create an audio track set to record those inputs. Record the track (as you've done for the first picture). Now create a new audio track, record again. Do this a few more times for the same midi. Zoom in (a lot) at the start of each note, compare their position to each other in the track and the other tracks.

Here is the test made on Roland System-1m Synth
    I must say you are right the recordings are not all in the same position.
    Solution about this?

[Blockierte Grafik: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98040912/Screen%20Shot%202016-08-12%20at%205.23.54%20PM.png]

Zitat

To help you understand... Every modern midi keyboard now uses USB to transmit midi. Using the old midi cables, although I have many, is a thing of the past. Why do you wish to do it the old fashioned way? A way that prevents many advantages of owning a TI.

This was my confusion also because the Novation Ultranova gets midi from USB also and behaves the same like the other synths regarding latency when recorded trough it's analog outputs

Zitat

mysteryislands-music.com These guys even make an editor.

I know i use their editor for the JP8080 synth from Roland

Zitat

You'd have to do that for all your hardware synths too, when they are set up to work like VST's, mixed with other VST's.

Yes all my other hardware is setup with delay in milliseconds but they are nearly same regarding the soundcard buffer i have chosen

Zitat

If you still insist on doing it that way we can help you set it up, it's quite easy but totally unnecessary

You think i can setup the Virus to get notes trough midi and still use the Virus Control plugin trough USB?

Zitat

A thank you would be nice too. These posts take time to word.

I am more then thankful to everybody who take the time to post something about my problem. Maybe i didn't said it here but i really am and this just drive me crazy as i love the sound of the Virus and i want it to work as smooth as possible so i don't loose time every time in setting it up and get the best possible sound quality ... I mean that's why i bought separate AD/DA convertor from RME so i can get best possible results.

What i don't understand in the Virus Ti is why doesn't let me to send notes trough midi instead of trough usb like that i can setup as my other hardware that goes trough the RME ADI 8 DS ad/da converter.
    If i use trough usb the latency is variable so the only possible solution is like u said in prevoius posts to render from usb audio outs directly if i want it to be on time.

I spoke also with Access support and they told me this:

When TI sounds are routed to the analog outs while the plugin is in use, the sound is not delay compensated due to technical reasons like this is the case with the USB audio streams. This means you have to manually delay tracks in Cubase triggering TI sounds and routed to analog outs.

So i guess there is no option because the latency is variable it's or use usb outs and the advantages of virus control plugin or use midi and don't use the advantages of the virus control plugin and edit sounds on the actual synth.

Zitat

I don't think you know what I mean by Cubases External instruments feature. Go in Devices drop down menu / VST Connections / External instruments and you'll see. That's where you set up your external instrument. I load all my hardware like any other VST, from the VST menu, as an instrument track, not a midi track. Enabling all your VST effects to be used on your hardware, in real time, non destructive, no need to record.

I am not that much of a noob i know what external instrument is i guess this is what you are talking about
    [Blockierte Grafik: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98040912/Screen%20Shot%202016-08-11%20at%202.14.51%20AM.png]

Here is an image on how i setup my Virus TI Snow to work with all 3 outputs.
    01. You make rack instrument with Virus TI
    02. You activate all the outputs on the button which is shown on this picture with the red circle
    03. You make 3 midi tracks and you put the output to be Virus TI on all 3
    04. Midi track number 1 you make midi channel 1, Midi track number 2 you make midi channel number 2 etc.
    05. Then you put the parts of Virus TI outputs to be channel 1 output usb 1 L+R, channel 2 output usb 2 L+R etc.

I hope it helps you solve your problem.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…tivate-outputs-button.png

[Blockierte Grafik: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98040912/activate-outputs-button.png]

You need to open it as instrument rack instead of instrument track.

When you press F11 in cubase the VST instrument panel opens on the bottom side u have the instrument racks and on the upper side you have instrument tracks.
    Make a new track in Instrument Racks load the Virus TI and then activate his outputs from there then you will be able to use more tracks from the virus in the same project.

Hardware used on this project:

Virus TI Snow
    Roland JP8080
    Roland System-1m
    Novation Supernova
    Novation Ultranova
    Nord Modular G2