Beiträge von rhino791

!!Well said that man SJR !! Its all at your finger tips. take it as deep as you can handle and sometimes just a little bit more. you'll be supprised at what you can produce.
    And don't forget if your names not VINCE CLARK we're all nooooobs LOL

let me add two things to this discussion. everybody can read this forum, not only registered virus users.
    secondly, and i've just used the TI for two days on winter music conference, running an arrangement with multiple arps and about 8 tracks in parallel. i was constantly changing things to demo various aspects of the virus. everything was in sync, nothing was crashing or odd. so i do not share you experience. all i can offer is to help people out having problems and i will continue to do so.

marc

Just wanted to know how you were able to gain this perfectly Sync'ed setup. Not bitchin' just interested.
    What DAW ?
    What control mode ( usb or Midi)?
    What Platform PC or MAC
    What OS
    What Sample settings (1024, 2048 etc).
    I thought my setup was ok but still have unstable arps unless i use midi and recored vie my other sound card. I can work like this but don't see the point of having a nice VC if i can use it. I'm a SNOW user, dell PC laptop, win xp, core 2 duo 2.4, intel ssd 160, 4gb ram. i use both Live 8 and Cubase 5. Also i have to have the snow control on performance to relaxed normal, and priority the same or i just get sync error and sometimes no sound..

Hi hope this helps
    while in reply or quote page, click settings tab (above the smileys) and check the "Enable BBCode in this message". You only need to do this once i.e not every reply.
    I had same problem but found this info on another thread.

:D
    Cheers
    Andy r

Hi
    I've not attempted to find this sound myself but what i would do is play the original track/bass sound through a Band pass filter. Try and single out the humming sound and see what freq its at. Then you'll know where to concetrate your efforts. it could also be layered by two different synths to give it that distinctive sound.

Hi all
    Just thought I'd say my new OS4 installed with out a problem.
    Apart from the pre-mentioned Knob labling error ( comb filter RES knob is labled "L" etc ) the new features are working perfectly and sounding sweet.
    Can't wait to mangle up some of my previous sounds.

VIRUS TI SNOW
    Inspiron 1520
    2.4 core2 duo
    4 gb ram
    xp home sp3
    Live 8 / Cubase 5

Cheers Andy R

I would agree with the above. There is a way to get help and a way to get someone's back up. I'm a service engineer for a robotics company and have to deal with mind bending software/hardware issues everyday, so i no how anoying it can be when thing don't do do what their supposed to do. Please remember 99.9% of all problems can be solved. The fact that there are people out there with fully working Virus Ti setups is testament to this. YES i did have some issues with mine at first, but through reading from this FIRST CLASS forum i realised MY! mistakes and now have Virus Snow that i love to bits. BE PATIENT and ask the right questions in the right tone and you will solve your problem. As it is it sounds like you have an unstable OS ( reguarding your FL9 update error) "you can't build a first class city on uneven ground". Nuke the system, start from scratch ( i have seperate DAW and General/internet boot drives) and don't loose faith in an awesome machine from a company willing to help, change and adapt to the buyers needs.

When you post (or in your profile) you can find "Smileys / Settings / Attachments / Poll" at the bottom of the text input, click in "Settings" and check "Enable BBCode in this message".

-timo

Thanks Timo

LOL i thought i was doing something wrong too

Yeah it works.

there is a whole tutorial book on atomizer (click on the "?" button in virus control). is that not clear enough?

best, marc

i think the atomizer book is not clear on how to set up inside a DAW (well just Cubase really). I know its not Access's fault but why do steinberg have their heads in the sand on side chaining. Is it that hard to configure ?

You are asked to select a proper power management setting during the setup of the virus ti software. you should remember this settings.

-timo

Yeah i know but even though i select a Home/office desktop in power manager every time i install new "installer pack" it states i have a wronge setting. I have a Dell inspiron 1520 with Intel T8300 Core 2 duo 2.4ghz. I know the bios in these laptops can be a T$%T for tring to change power and any CPU speed Settings. and i don't fancy flashing my bios.
    i will live with it.

Embarrassing, yes, I know.

But for some reason, I've read the manual and no, it doesn't explain much for me. I just simply have no clue how to use it. I open up a Cubase project, drop an audio clip of a drum loop. I go over to my Virus which is my soundcard, click "Edit," scroll over to "Inputs" and put "Atomizer" at "On." I play some keys while the track is looping, but I don't here anything happen!

Am I actually supposed to have cables run thruogh the L & R Inputs on my acutally TI? How does this work? What about when I play a track on iTunes with the Virus TI as my soundcard, is it supposed to do something then, too? How do I record what I am atomizing? This is so stressful, someone please, help me!

Cubase is your problem ( no support for Sidechain ) you need the config to be 3 output / 1 input , which cubase will not support (cubase 5 may support sidechain if using VST3 but i'm not sure). Try Ableton live. and don't use the virus as a sound card. you don't need to route to the L & R Inputs, the config 3 output / 1 input means 3 usb outputs and 1 usb input.
    I last night routed my MP3 player through an ableton audio track with a maximiser, then into my virus (which was set up in ATOMIZER MODE) and using my midi controler keyboard pluged into the virus made some good remixes on the fly. ITs frustating that cubase dosn't support sidechain when its such a well used and needed tool ARRRHHHH.

anywho hope this helps

Cheers Andy

I had some success with the express usb card (maplin £20) using a new usb port for the virus only. The glitches and sync errors became less of a problem, but not all together gone. Untill i made sure my powerscheme settings were correct.
    contol panel // power options
    i thought i had set these on install but when i checked they where on " portable/ laptop" i changed this to "Home/office Desktop" and hay presto the CPU usage gauge droppped to 5 - 10% and no sync / tempo / timing or arp errors WOOOO HOOOO So i am now happy again. the virus is sounding great. Please try.

Cheers Andy Roden :D

Hi
    I;m having the same sync errors as you lot, but i think i'm going to try and install a express usb to my laptop and use that just for my VIRUS SNOW. I have the error even after allowing the 1 bar compensation + i'm not asking to change patches or a great deal of midi info either. i think this solution might work. i was about to try and clear off the drivers attached to the USB's, a sort of clean sweep. But now i think it might cause less hassle to just create new usb ports . :) Cheers for the tip.

Hay Shane Berry you don't half get about a bit :D (i'm therhino/RPM from DMP site) how it going?