Beiträge von DarkStar679

Made with Virus TI 2

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Some darker Sounds of the Empire:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

A simple song for good feel:

On your first photo you need to select "cancle" to maintain the 6 channel USB sound support.
    If you take "use stereo" only one stereo channel is used.
    Buffer size is already talked about, use what virus needs 128 or 256 or ....and so on.
    The last picture shows that virus control has lost connection to the virus. can happen, but not often.
    pull out the USB plug and wait 3 seconds und plug it in again and virus control will find the virus again.
    If not remove the 230V plug of the virus to take all power from it to force it to boot again.

hi,

I'm using fl studio with a TI2 over USB.
    Everything works fine and also latency is below 6ms.

If I have set FL to send with several Midiout channels quick followed notes like 1/16 on 140 bpm then it starts to truncate some notes.
    I don't think that the Virus is getting to the edge of handling but this starts if about 4-5 sound patches are used at the same time.

If I record each channel on its own and switch the other MIDI channels silent then nothing is truncated.

Is there a trick?

With FL Studio I have less than 6ms latency. In most cases 3ms. LIVE mode ON.
    I use 128 samples with ASIOvAll driver - Version2.
    For rendering the song I go up to 5xx samples to let the computer more time to work.

BTW...Virus Control transfers no sound. It is just the Midi connection between DAW and Virus Hardware and tells the DAW / ASIO driver where to look for the sound channels.

As soon Virus Control has started the keyboard is switched off.
    On my DAW (FL Studio) after setting in and out in the software to port 1 I can play with the keyboard notes but there won't be any aftertouch sendings to the midi.
    To get back the full use of the keyboard you need to switch "local on" on the Virus in the "Config" menu.

Cheers

As far I understand the knob multimode on the Virus is for playing it with the keyboard.

If using a DAW like FL Studio you have already access to all 16 patch channels with the Virus Plugin.

For each Virus channel you need to create a Midi-Out Channel. Up to 16 Midi-out you can create to control the 16 patch channels.

You have 3 stereo sound outputs on the Virus with USB connection or 6 Mono outputs.
    On FL Studio Virus Plugin you need to click on the little gear wheel on the top left to access the connection panel.
    Go to Settings tab to choose your midi main port, which is maybe "1".
    Then go to the processing tab for the audio channels. Set 1 - Out 1, 2 - Out 2, 3 - Out 3.

Now go to the mixer.
    Select Insert1 and on the top right you choose Virus TI Audio 1 + 2. Now you have Audio connection for the first stereo channel.
    Do the same with Insert 2 and 3 and select the other Audio channels of the TI.

Now you are ready to use full TI power.
    The Presets you can address with USB 1 , 2 or 3 to the Mixer Channels.

Multimode means you can now create Midi patterns for all 16 Preset channels and record them.

TI2 for all sound.
    Drums FL Studio

I think this is a kind of extinction.
    In twin mode and detune and playing a chord it can happen, depending on what position of the wave the oscillator currently is and the sound is tarting you might create an extinction which cuts part of the high frequencies an makes it randomly muddy.
    You might could overcome this with using UNISON 3 mode. Then there is a 3rd wave and the chance of an extinction is smaller.

Hi,

I found this solution here:

Works easy and greatly.

Thanks for the great sound patches.

Should not be possible.
    The Amp section is working on all oscis at the same time.

You can control the osc volume for each oscillator separately with the matrix.

Also possible to use the sound as a multi patch and do what you like on each sound and layer them.

Hi,

by accident I created a CS80 Blade Runner sound.
    https://drive.google.com/file/…OLWN0Qk0/view?usp=sharing
    (EDIT: changed the host, the first one doesn't seem trustful)

The sound is velocity sensitive so that you can play it quite close to the original:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com