Beiträge von djgravitytampa

Ok,,,, I feel like a complete idiot!! SECTION LOCKING. GREAT Feature! Ummm maybe i should take this thread down. Haha. I feel like the kid in class that doesn't know anything (Wait I am that kid :huh: )... I'm locking all of my settings as we speak. Also, the drag and drop into the new section is great too.

I did check out the tutorial video on section locking. However, I did notice one thing different in the tutorial video. His screen shot looked different than mine. He had some options that I didn't have such as copy paste, side chain, and a few others. These were at the very top of the VC Would this be because I'm using Cubase and he is using something different?

I have a simple suggestion/request that may or may not help anyone using the VC. It would be a lock feature for each of 16 possible patch's. It may be simple error on my part, but would save me from making timely mistakes.

So here is what happens:
    I'm playing one of the patches from the virus. I then click down to the next midi track in cubase and start playing the next patch that I've setup. Cool. Then I start browsing for another patch without looking which patch is lit up on the Virus VST. Little do I know I'm changing the first patch that i've got setup just the way I like. Not such a good thing to do once i've got the previous patch tweaked out to where I liked it. After I accidentally changed the sound I tried to go back and emulate what I made the first time but couldn't. Must of forgot what I did :cursing:

The ideal lock feature would lock all your setting's for that particular patch. Once engaged it would not let you accidentally change the sound or any other parameters of that patch until disengaged.

Anyways, the lock feature would really help and save me from doing something stupid. Maybe some of you other virus users would agree or maybe not. Does anyone else like the idea of having a Patch Lock on each of the 16 individual patches? Agree or Disagree

Hello everyone,

First off I'd like to say I am NOT an Expert on setting up MIDI. Second, I was very excited when I solved my latency and lagging issues with my VIRUS by adding another USB card to my PC :) Found that bit of advice in the tip section

Now,
    While using the VC "vst" I can't seem to use the the virus ti "hardware" to record automation. I would like to know if it is possible to use the VIRUS TI Hardware to control the automation lanes in the Midi editor. It seems that only my Radium 49 will control them. And while the radium will control the automation for the VC it doesn't control all of the parameters. Correct me if I am wrong Parmeters = Attack, decay, sustain etc... again not a pro at all the terminology.

Also, in the VST instruments section it shows Virus TI "Filter 1 Cutoff" and the drop down box has a bunch of other parameters "Filter 1 reso" "soft nob 3" and many others. Then there is a VTI 1 VTI 2 and VTI 3. They are all defaulted to Volume in there drop down box. It seems that the Virus TI will control this section but not the MIDI TRACK. The automation here also seems to control all of the sounds from the VC on each individual midi track.

Well if anyone can help me with this issue, it would be worth more than gold.

Thanks,