Beiträge von ozon

That would be nice, along with a statement of purpose with suggested index modulation source for each wavetable which Access should have included in the reference manual. Plus showing up on the screen numbered or at least in alphabetical order! ;)

Showing up on the screen (VC on Mac OS and on the Virus itself) in alphabetical order would be immensly helpful!

The Virus TI Software must be the same version on both systems. If you update both systems to the latest Virus TI Installer 5.1.7.0, you shouldn't have that issue anymore.

PS: For those who have a similar question but working with Cubase and the VST3 version of the VC plugin -- you must convert your Cubase Projects when moving between platforms using the "Cubase Cross Platform Converter".

[...], as the reason I didn't recognize some of them is that now I see several of them are just misspelled, granted this is an independent study. However, for the researcher to list "Sooty Sweep" and then also list it again misspelled as "Dooty Sweep" making a total of 99 tables in this chart (not including "Sine") makes me believe that one table got overlooked and I'm definitely not going to spend the time to figure out, if so, which one! :)

Indeed, you're right...

Most probably there's a revised version of these available: I have a paper copy of a PDF stored under my Darkstar for reference and am pretty sure that all tables are included with correct spelling.

...and I was wrong! My copy has the same mistakes you're mentioning.

The reason why I thought all names match is that the list is alphabetic but the sequence of wavetables in the Virus is not. And since I never went through the whole list one by one, but instead look up a sonogram on the list for a Wavetable I selected on the Virus, it never occurred to me that the list might have missing or redundant information. Duh! :/

BTW, I'd love to have high resolution versions of those sonograms! Plus waveform pictures of all the waves in the wavetables.

I noticed also that when I stop my daw, all sounds stop in the virus ! Even if there is a delay with long feedback ! It's surprising ! =O Does it cut any sound when the daw stops playing ? Can one avoid that ?

That's the behavior of the VC plugin and can't be changed AFAIK.
    OTOH, I actually prefer that to those VSTs that keep on generating sound after stop.

Ok, thank you for the information. I'm mainly working on MacOS and never had that kind of message appear. Hopefully some Cubase users on Win will chime in.

However, what Audio Interface are you using and what are your settings in Cubase? Is the buffer size actually larger than 512 samples?

Let me ask a couple of question in oder to enable better help to you:

- What's the OS and VCC Version of your Virus TI?
    - What version of Cubase are you using?
    - What operating system and version is your computer running on?
    - How's the Virus TI connected to your computer?
    - Did you work through the separate documentation "Virus TI Setup Guide" and "Steinberg Cubase Tutorial" (available in the downloads, or installed by the VCC installer)?

Most probably there's a revised version of these available: I have a paper copy of a PDF stored under my Darkstar for reference and am pretty sure that all tables are included with correct spelling.

Looks like a pot on the hardware is firing... I don't know what Logic is displaying here, is that Controller 92 on Channel 1? Try to find out which control knob sends those and twist it a couple of times.

Great thread. Good to know that the TI is recognized as a USB audio device by Linux. Working fine for me however for some reason when I connect it I have to make sure Local is set to "on" in Virus' config. A couple times when I rebooted the computer Local got reset to off and had to manually set it to on again.

AFAIK, the Virus always sets itself to Local OFF when it connects a USB connection and automatically switches back as soon as USB is off.

Yesterday, we tried the Cubase Cross Platform Converter.

And indeed, after converting the Cubase project file from Mac to Win, the Virus Control VST3 plugin was properly loaded.

Naturally, I was curious what the Converter actually changed in the cpr file. A binary diff revealed that a value which looked like an ID or GUID was changed throughout the document. When doing a conversion back from Win to Mac, the value was changed back. So I wondered what this could be, and a Google search for "vst3 plugin ID" dug up a couple of interesting bits. One of them pretty much explaining the basic problem of the situation:

VST3 Plug-In ID Changes on Mac

So, the VST3 version of the VC plugin for Mac and Win use a different GUID. Which is an incredibly unfortunate mistake that could be fixed in the plugin, but would require either all Mac users or all Win users to convert all their projects. :S