Beiträge von Dikran

How fast is the arpeggio? (bpm & division)

According to Marc from Access, the ARP sending notes out to the MIDI port is not very accurate and was implemented to allow for experimentation rather than as a production or performance tool.

If your properly quantized and cleaned sequences sound bad when played back you either have a MIDI problem (too many fast notes) or you are simply putting too much load on the Virus CPU (too many notes with a complex sound).

I have the MPC as clock master set at 120BPM (so setting also the TI2 clock to 120BPM), and when trying to record the TI2 arpeggios, I used the arpeggios existing in the TI2 program presets, with no modification at all of these arpeggios.

But I figure one of my main problems is that as soon as my kbd sends notes to the MPC then the MPC forward them to the TI2 which generates the arpeggios and send them back to the MPC, which I suspect forward them to the TI2 which tries to generates an arpeggio of arpeggio ... I suspect this loop would knock out the TI2 arpeggio processor.

But when I try the 2 track methods:
    MPC "soft thru" disabled
    track 1 contains seed notes (for ex CEG)
    track 2 empty
    Then if I set the MPC to track 2 "active" and record, the TI2 arpeggio using the seed notes on track 1 gets recorded on track 2

However after that, when I try to play this recorded arpeggio by using the TI2 (with TI2 ARP off to avoid the looping), the timing is all messed up.

?(

My set up is the following:

MPC set to MASTER.
    Virus TI2 set to SLAVE

Virus OUT ---> MPC IN 2
    Virus IN <---- MPC OUT B
    MIDI Keyboard ---> MPC IN 1

I have problems that just won't go away when recording onto a MPC MIDI track the arpeggios notes generated by the TI2.
    When the MPC is recording, either the TI2 arpeggiator doesn't work, or stops after a few notes, or the timing seems messed up. (The problem occurs the same if I use a MIDI keyboard directly connected to the Virus, as opposed to connected to the MPC IN 1).

I researched the problem on the web, and came up with this :
    https://support.novationmusic.…n-arpeggio-to-a-sequencer

Based on this article I did one MIDI track on the MPC, recorded the "seed" notes on this track, then I did a second MIDI track (in MUTE state to prevent any data sending), to receive the arpeggio notes when recording. This approach is cumbersome but seems to work: the arpeggio notes are recorded but then when playing these arpeggio notes (with "ARP" OFF on the Virus), the timing (and sometimes the sound) is all messed up.

What is wrong in my process ??
    Is there a more reliable or better way to record the arpeggiator MIDI notes onto my MPC1000 ?? ?(

Thanks !!

I have a TI2 desktop, and I love it. :)

Even though my MIDI knowledge isn't what it should be, I understand that I can assign a CC# to one of the soft-knobs, then use that same CC# as a source in the mod matrix so that with one knob I can modulate many parameters.

But I have a few questions about Data entry (CC# 6): looking at all the options for sources in the TI2 mod matrix, I saw that there are CC# 3, 9, 12, 13, etc. and also "Data entry".
    --- Why is it called "Data entry" in the mod sources instead of just CC#6 ?
    --- Is there something special about the modulation source "Data entry" versus CC# 3, 9 or 13 ?

Hello all,
    I have a question about software and OS versions. Please bear with me: I just unpacked the unit 2 hrs ago !!
    I cannot tell the difference on the Access site between the software installed on the computer (to do sequencing, editing parameters, etc.) and the synth OS version that sits inside the desktop.
    On the site they seem to be all called "virus TI installers".
    I know RTFM .... but I thought somebody here could make it simple :)