Beiträge von Roby31

Buy a couple of monitor stands when you have the money. They need to be farther from the walls and more oriented towards your ears.

I envy your Nord, though ;)

Well yes, that's the only solution that I know of valid for most controllers. Probably advanced ones like M-Audio Axiom let you choose a fixed velocity, but it's certainly quicker with plugins (in Cubase or Sonar, for example) or with the host letting you define different velocity curves (like FL does)

sorry, i didn't explain myself very well. by one note, i meant each key plays the same sound. there is no change in octaves or scales. it plays the same sound no matter what key you hit.

example: say i hit the lowest key and it plays a C. if i hit the highest key it plays the same C. if i hit any key in between it plays a C.

Refer to "key follow" in your manual. If it is set to 0 on every osc, the sound won't have pitch changes caused by the key you pressed

Hi all. I am the new owner of a Virus TI2 Whiteout Edition keyboard. I haven't done much with it yet but I've noticed that whenever I engage the Vocoder effect (eg Oscillator Mode) the audio is only output to the right channel. Delay output can still be heard on the left, but once all other effects are turned off, audio is only heard on the right. Is this normal? If not, has anyone else experienced this?

I think that's what you should expect when a single channel is plugged in; Is your mic going right through the right input?

I have installed the Virus installer 4.0.5.0.1 and have connected my TI2 desktop. It connected and updated the software and the Ti works fine via midi keyboard. Can I change or access any of the TI's parameters via the software? All it seems to allow me to do is update the software, do a backup and restore and burn to flash rom. The video tutorials show the Control centre able to access the TI but I can't seem to do any of that with this control centre. Have I not downloaded the correct software or am I doing something wrong? I have not yet set it up with my seq programme FL studio.

Any help would be much appreciated. :?: :?: Tom

You're confusing the Virus Control Center with the Virus Control VST Plugin. The Control Center does what you have experimented. The plugin needs to be set up as explained in the manual and the add-on, which can both be downloaded in the manuals section on the website, and does what you've seen in the videos.

With Win7 64 becoming the choice OS for Windows musicians, this really needs to be stepped up.
    S.S.

They said they're working on it several times, we just have to wait. It takes time to rewrite the whole thing. You should HIDE the VC when not using it to make changes, it improves the speed a lot

I had never really noticed it until today: can't you access the "oscillator common edit" on the hardware any more? The menu where you set the init phase and the env>osc2 amount etc etc...It is there in the Virus Control, I know I can set a soft knob to control init phase (but I really wouldn't want to) and I think I had seen that particular menu in some earlier TIOS.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I didn't find it in the manual: I need/would like to be able to set these values straight from the hardware, for example as they're required in ring modulated sounds that need to sound the same way at every key press, since I don't always use the Virus Control for sound design (hw interface is way more inspiring).

Hi,
    There is no ARP/EDIT key on the Snow. They must have written that for the TI2, on the Snow there is an ARP key and an EDIT/SHIFT key and I tried both of those.

That's why I told you to watch on your manual :)

just for the record, the manuals says exit key.
    best, marc

And again, that's probably not the first time i write that mistake. The procedure is "obvious" to do on the machine, but i never write it down right.

Read again what it says on the manual. I have a ti desktop and the procedure requires the user to remove all cables for some minutes then plug them back in and power up the unit pressing arp edit for 10 seconds. You're probably missing something which will allow your snow to boot up in update mode.

With LIVE mode on, Virus parts playing recorded MIDI are out of sync with the project.
    With LIVE mode off, recorded MIDI is OK, but latency is too high for playing (4096 samples ~ 93 msec).

This is not a problem if you just want to paint some notes on the grid - simply don't use LIVE mode.
    But what do you do if you have recorded something (e.g. a bassline) and want to play a melody along with it?
    Or is it something Virus users never do? :P

I don't get such a high latency with live mode off even with the windows 7 interface quirk. What host are you using? What soundcard?