Beiträge von Roby31

"what happens if you remove the power cord, wait for 20 seconds and connect it again while holding the Tap Tempo button for a couple of seconds until you see the patch select LEDs flashing?

best, marc "

Found this post in another thread. Solved the problem. Can I suggest making a fix like this a little more well-known somehow?

It is a reset technique well-explained in the manual :)

That's an entirely different matter and again, it can be done as it is probably just a matter of making the OS display a different value.

A thing that I wouldn't really use, again, because doing it by ear is three times as fast :)

Doesn't it stop when you press stop in Live? What about pressing stop twice? The "sync error" is not a bug in itself. In my experience it mostly happens when skipping parts of the song when the VC is sending data to the hardware unit (so stopping and restarting fixes it). Getting a "Panic stops the sound but it starts again" sounds to me like the sequencer or Virus control keep transmitting midi notes to the unit (you get this behavior by pressing Panic whilst the sequencer is still playing).

The Virus Control can only be downloaded by registered users, but your S/N is registered to the previous user so the answer is: you have to contact access support: they'll get in touch with the previous owner and transfer the number to your account.

For the TI/TI2 differences, the most obvious to me are the side panels, which are curved over the unit's top in the TI2 and straight in the first version, and the lcd display: it has a plexy cover in the first version, with 4 screws - it is not present in the TI2 (and it's a shame, imho, i really loved it in the TI1 and i would have loved if my TI2 had it)

Just look at the pictures:

TI Version 1 -> http://www.alarrecordingstudio…access_virus_ti_polar.jpg

TI 2 -> http://www.dv247.it/assets/products/61829_l.jpg

A feature like that should know what every CC# does in EVERY MIDI synth ever...Seriously, do you think it is possible to do? And then convert them in sysex with the right messages for the Virus, and then you have the same patch that might still require tweaking, as for example the filters are very different...
    I'm not bashing your request: I would love something like that, even if it was just to hear what a patch sounds like on another instrument. But I understand why it couldn't be done by the biggest software houses, let alone a small company like Access that actually spends their programming time improving the instrument. The best "patch converter" you have is your own brain.

Other features could be implemented maybe easily (it's just a matter of displaying values, for example) and some of them have been done, like FX send levels arent 0-127 any more.

#1.1 and #1.2 sound really stupid requests to me.
    No way you can automatically translate patches that send DIFFERENT sysex messages and CC#, and they would anyway sound different even if programmed the very same numerical way.

Contact Access support and they will help you get it.

The "sync error" shouldn't give you sound all garbled - I barely notice when it happens because the sound might skip a couple of notes (on my system). If you're trying to bounce the Virus like the other virtual plugins (offline rendering) you need to remember the sound generation is made by the TI hardware and follow Reaper's manual to realtime recording of tracks - also note that Cockos Reaper is not in the list of officially supported daws that you can find here, so you might incur in some bugs which are less frequently reported;
    VC seems to behave pretty well in Reaper though :)

I had this before, probably because of a sketchy usb port. What I did was changing to another one and then doing the Virus reset procedure described in the manual (i.e: remove ALL cables from the unit, let it alone for a couple of minutes, keep "arp edit" pressed down for 10 seconds while you plug in the power cable). then I plugged it in and it worked again without a flaw.

Go to the Patch Dr What, and turn up the release knob.

I have tried to modify that one so that chamber like tone attacks earlier but I cannot seem to get it it right because the entire patch is programmed counter-intuitively. Many other patches are like that - extremely unorthodox modulations and routings that makes certain standard synthesizer tweaks do little and work against me. But yet some of those sounds are so good.

To be able to program like that takes a genius.

I'll give it a shot as soon as I get my hands on the unit and let you know if I have any tips or I'm clueless.

Se non ha almeno un MIDI Out (cosa che mi sembra mancare dall'unica foto del retro che ho visto, che mostra solo una porta usb) purtroppo non puoi fare a meno di interfacciarlo al computer per controllare lo Snow (l'usb sul controller Korg serve anche come alimentazione, non c'è modo di alimentarlo via la porta usb dello Snow e usarla al contempo per i dati). In più dovresti in ogni caso farti uno schema dei CC# sia del controller che dello Snow (che non sono neanche molto standard se ben ricordo) e adattarti a convivere con la tastiera minikey...Penso che ti convenga un'altra soluzione, tipo una Novation SL o un controller pieno di knob e una tastiera decente con MIDI Input per ricevere e ritrasmettere i dati del controller.

hi
    many thanks for your answer
    - for gravity: i would want to create a drum kit in multimode no a sound for part. I have a Snow with only 4 part so i have limited possibility to move.
    Excuse for my no-perfect english, i'm from italy.
    best regards

What you want to create is not possible on the Virus - the best advice is to sample your drums and load them in an external sampler, be it software or hardware.

Quello che vuoi fare (drum map) non si può sul Virus; ti conviene campionare i tuoi suoni di batteria per usarli su un campionatore.
    Ciao.