TI2 Keyboard OS 4.0.5.x, OS X & PT|HD 8.0.4 - MAJOR PROBLEMS

• We recently got the TI2 Keyboard in and getting it to properly communicate over USB has been a major issue. Just getting it to the latest 4.0.5.x release took hours but we finally managed to make that happen. Now, connecting it to our 8-core Mac Pro running 10.5.8 and PT|HD 8.0.4 it keeps getting stuck. What I mean by this is the following:

1. If I do the "remove all the cables, wait 30 seconds, etc." procedure AND reboot the computer the Virus will be seen. However, if I load up the Virus Control Center it will see it and then when I exit the VCC and try to use the plug-in in PT|HD and/or go back into the VCC it says it cannot find an attached Virus. I have to start the procedure all over again.

2. While communicating over USB via the plug-in, when I switch patches to audition different sounds it often gets stuck on one patch and keeps generating noise. Of course when I close the plug-in and re-open it I get a "cannot find an attached Virus" error and have to start over (refer to #1).

3. Yesterday the TI2 Keyboard started sending a high pitched noise that had nothing to do with any patch I was auditioning and it refused to stop. I had to shut down PT|HD and restart the computer, only to find the same "cannot find an attached Virus" error and had to start over (refer to #1).

It's been such an issue that for the time being I just connected MIDI cables and analog cables in order to use the TI2 and bypass the entire Total Integration, however, the whole point of having the actual hardware instead of just using the Indigo plug-in with a controller keyboard was so that I could control everything via Total Integration. I'm finding this unusable at the moment and would love a solution.

Also, and as a point of reference, I had a previous version of the TI software installed on this machine prior the OS4 release when we were using a TI2 Desktop. This worked rather well via USB and when I downloaded the new OS4 software I installed over the top. Is there a way to perhaps completely clean the machine of anything related to the Virus and then perhaps installing from scratch would solve this communication issue?

Other than that I am at a loss. Looking forward to your assistance.

• Well, I'm not sure whether this is a computer problem or a TI2 Keyboard problem now. I left the TI2 on and went back into the studio yesterday only to find that as soon as I launched PT|HD there was a signal coming through from the TI2. I put it to sleep and then turned it back on and all was well. Something's definitely not right here.

• 4 days, 41 views and not one response? Come on Access, this is a serious problem that is rendering my new TI2 Keyboard unusable in TI mode. I'd love some assistance with this.

• Ever tried contacting support instead of the forum? Most of the views are from other users like you and me, that obviously don't have the necessary knowledge to help you out.

• Welcome to the nightmare of TIOS with Pro tools...a seemingly endless saga of crap software that is probably NEVER going to work. You already have the solution, DONT use it. Go back to using midi & the audio outs. Unless of course you prefer pulling your hair out night after night, week after week, year after year trying to get the most frustrating, flawed, bug ridden piece of software ever to work properly. Seriously it is not worth the hassle as you will get nowhere with it. I've had mine for nearly 2 years & nothing has changed despite claims by Access that they have fixed the issues with pro tools.