Beiträge von mpue

Hi,

following scenario is driving me nuts:

I am running the Virus TI2 in two diffferent setups. One with Windows 10 and Ableton Live and the other with macOS and Logic.

The problem is now that the latest Installer versions for the TI2 have different minor versions, causing the installer from the opposite platform
    installing the firmware each time I switch. The problem is not only that it takes ages every time but also that the ROM banks from the two different
    versions are also different. This is a big problem since I cannot transfer the songs between the two systems, because of missing ROM patches.

@access : Why is that so? I would understand that the installer wants always the newest version and performs an update, but performing a downgrade
    of the TI firmware makes no sense IMHO.

If I would like to circumvent the problem, I think I have to use the version 5.0.8.00 of the installer. But this package is nearly 3 years old and I am certainly missing
    bugfixes and features as well. This is no option for me.

Does anybody have the same problem? And how to deal with it?

Regards
    Matthias

PS :
    My setup
    MacBook pro 2014 with EL Capitan and Logic Pro X 10.3 / Ableton Live 9 , Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
    PC Core I7 6600 on MSI 170A PC Mate, Windows 10 and Ableton Live 9 also using the Scarlett

I am routing the Virus Audio through USB and/or the regular audio outputs. With SPDIF disabled, both connections work very well.

Hi!

Just in case someone is still struggling with total integration:

Yesterday I found the solution for my problems here. I've spend several days on finding why the TI2 doesn't work smooth when connected via USB and using the VC plugin.

Accidentially I disconnected the SPDIF connection, and guess what? ALL my problems disappeared instantly. No more sync problems and no more glitches. TI now works like charm
    with Logic Pro X and Ableton Live as well. Even with Windows 10 I have no problems anymore. It feels now like using pure software synth! Awesome.

Additional settings in Logic Pro X to make it working really smooth:

Buffersize 128 Samples
    Latency compensation off
    Midi Sync to TI Midi and TI Synth as well

Now 6 or more arpeggiated sounds are possible without problems and they stay in sync the whole song.

Hope that helps someone.

@access : Is this a known problem, or should I file a bug report?

Greetings
    Matthias

PS :
    My setup
    MacBook pro 2014 with EL Capitan and Logic Pro X 10.3 / Ableton Live 9 , Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
    PC Corre I7 6600 on MSI 170A PC Mate, Windows 10 and Ableton Live 9 also using the Scarlett