Beiträge von TheWhistler

The AURA Editor works quite nice for me, really.

The cumbersomeness goes away when you use a midi interface that can merge MIDI signals internally.

I use a MioXM and I can merge the data stream of the Editor and my Keyboard very convenient.

I always had hickups with the original software even if not using the audio side of things.

Plain midi editor use caused glitches on the audio (not USB audio mind you).

The AURA editor really cured that and gives me good tool to have (kind of) total recall.

The developer is kind and very responsive.

It´s a bit of work to setup the thing and confusion arises IMHO mostly when using midi-loop-back to merge virtually on your computer.

Ins become Out....

This is a shortcoming of windows of course not the editor itself and is due to the restriction to one client per physical Midi-I/O on Windows (even 11).

This is the reason why Access implemented a 2nd Midi device in the driver for the Virus TI one for playing, one for the editor....never really worked sadly.

On Mac multiclient use of Midi devices is possible (don´t know myself really because I am on Win11).

Hi and thank's again for replying.

I would just want to know if it is really possible to restrict parts (split secrions) from emitting midi notes.

This is (imho) what the keyoard to midi parameter implies.

Am I wrong. If not. It would not be necessary to juggle channels.

I would just set all splits to a (any, it does not matter) channel and just suppress midi notes out on all but the (internally muted) Virus part. 

But that is the truth. Linear.

They are fast as hell. And why shouldn´t linear envs don´t make for a good drum sound.

Linear is not good or bad just linear. Although, the human ear likes curved (logarithmic) envs better.

You should really try my advice and also read the book by Howard Scarr. The guy programmed sounds for Hans Zimmer and really knows what he is talking about.

I a thing or two about synths (30+ years in electronic music) but I learned a lot of things in general by reading this book and about the Virus in special.

There is also a sound-set that matches the entries in the book. You can make guided changes and hear what it sounds like.

Very enlightening. ;)

Hi Lioio and thank´s for your reply,

maybe I was not acurate enough with my question.

I want to play sounds on the 5 octaves from within the Virus synth.

Single sounds, layers, splits you name (depends on the track). All of these sounds shall not put out midi notes when played.

I thought that was what I can rule with the keyboard to midi parameter - this does not change anything at all ( so I don´t what it really actually does).

The idea with sending midi to my vocoder would be to set a keyboard range (silent instrument/patch volume -64) to just send midi.

I thought this would work with setting only this instrument to keyboard to midi enabeled.

But as I said there is not difference. No matter what I set enabeled/disenabeled it always sends midi.

This has nothing to to with device id, nothing. This will only come into play when using SysEx messages.

So my question was. Does anyone know what the keyboard to midi parameter is all about?

Thank´s in advance.

Just to confirm, it seems distortion int and distortion mix were not implemented in the mod matrix. I tried mapping env 3/4 to them and nothing. LFO 1 custom assign works.

Wondering if any other destinations are known to not be implemented.

Confirmed. I mapped env 4 to it - nothing.

Changed to mod wheel worked as expected over the full range.

Used the rate reducer because it´s so pretty obvious.

Seems really that some sources and targets don´t connect

Hello all together,

I have a question concerning the keyboard to midi parameter. It is pretty simple to as there are just 2 possibilities - enabeled and disabeled.

Which means in my understanding that I can decide (given the part that is selected while playing) midi is put out or not.

I have a TI2 (keyboard version of course) and I am setting up some multis for an upcoming live show.

I made some splits that use internal sounds. Now I have a vocoder that I want to send notes to that shall get the sounds from a lower register.

My idea was to disable all parts from spitting despite the part that does not sound at all for triggering the vocoder.

I learned that the TI2 plays midi notes no matter what I select.

I tried it with local on or off - no difference.

No additional info in the manual. Hope someone tells me what I am doing wrong.

Best

Whistler:)

Yeah

You can change the curve slopes by recursive modulation: Use the Mod Matrix to modulate the Envelope Attack/Decay/Release by itself.

Yeah, just wanted to point to that. Endless field of experimentation. Extremely useful for trimming the attack and decay time of bass sounds to make them fit into a given groove.

As the virus envelopes are dead linear it helps a lot to curven it by recursive modulation.

Just go to the mod matrix. Use the attack as it´s own modulator (recursive ;-)).

Positiv mod leads to convex envelope shapes as negativ mod leads to concave shape.

Getting a bassound into Moog territory means to at least to make the attack more convex.

Howard Scarr (which I have this trick from) elaborates on this in his tutorial which you can download on the Access web site.