Beiträge von SeleN

yes, exactly

and yes, presets managing is the price? for now i just save the ableton sets under the same name as my main projects in Logic on my mastermac and have to patch it everytime. perhaps i‘ll find a solution for that, some kind of plattform crossing programm change ?

edit: done, just created a midi instrument on logic pro on my master and choosed LAN channel. programm change events now on slave side in ableton accepted. will take time to name all the patches in the midi instrument but found some bank templates here in the somewhere.

ableton 10 lite for hosting the virus plug

i did a thunderbridge LAN Connection between the macs and

so far very stable setting in terms of clocking and „arping“, so my (simple) workflow isn‘t that messed up, just have a „external monitor“ for the virus with direct acces to the plugin parameters on the macbookair, that‘s all ( good thing is i can even push the plugin gui to the best resolution to deal with ;)

Well one solution to get a working station on catalina is to di an outsourcing of the virus on a mojave driven system in a test environment. saying and done that with a macbook air 2017 as i was lucky to have one and it‘s is running my ti2 incl. plug as a slave. iv done a midi over network connection to my main working horse ( a macmini last version before the m1 generation) and slaved the macbook air with abelton live (running virus) or logic pro(running virus) via midi clock resp. mtc. 3 things i learned: 1. Logic Pro as Master has to be set to pattern sync mode (not spp mode) as ableton (lit 10) falls out of sync after the first cycle. With Logic on slaved side in mtc theres not such a problem 2. In my slave DAW i set the virus plug at live modus and Direct monitoring, because i dont want any audio traffic over the usb i just need midi over ethernet (my access ti2 is wired via spdif to my apollo, which is conneczed to the Master ie mac mini. 3. Generating a external instrument on the MasterDAWas utility) gives the freedom to add any other plugs (effetcs for example) on the master DAW. Remeber to choose the LAN Port channel for communicating the two macs. In both slave daw‘s situation this setup is working very well., even a midi beat clocking (ableton) has very satisfying results. Latency is not a problem since only midi datas are transmitted this way.

I know that this is a costintensive solution, but as i said: i was lucky with this macbook air 2017 and will be able to run virus in combination with newer operating MacOS ( even BIG SUR)

PS i have even the possibility to transfer some 32 Bit wrapped plugs this way.but this setup would need a audiointerface macbooksided ( as i said i dont want any audio traffic over ethernet)

Perhaps this is of use for someone

well it works but doesn‘t „solve“ the sync „in arp issue“. still a bar needed to get the virus prepared for syncing on „demand“. weird thing: i‘m testing this under catalina circumstances where the virus plug is useless. in mojave environment i have no sync issues using the access plug...

So give the VC another try: You already have established the solution: Audio Clocking via SPDIF resolved the Problem of "out of sync" issues. I don't know at what sample rate you use the Virus with what kind of audiointerface, but check first (that means before launching LPX) the audiomidi app (sample rates are shown there) in your System, they should be equal (found out that some weird ways of influence my monitor had, set at 48kHz instead of 44kHz). LPX should be set to the same sample rate. So my interface is set in "slave" mode and also connected via SPDIF with the Virus TI2. The Virus accepts only 44,1 or 48 as far as i

I ran a short cycle/loop (with a little complex notevariation at the end oft he cycle) with the "Banj Arp" Patch and the metronom for over 1 hour. The syncing with the Metronom was perfect.

just a thought if your still on Mojave…

perfect syncing here on mac os mojave with logic pro and connected spdif sync on uad apollo x6. the latter is the key to success (spdif in connected to spdif out of your interface)

preroll ( logic prox) set to 1Bar

virus connected with apple usb to thundebolt adapter ( used also the direct usb port on my macmini i7 2018)

oh yeah heard and read about that yesterday in the poco forum ;-)... do I need to install the audiogridder plug only on my master Mac and then it is communicating with my older Mac (a Mac Pro) via ethernet without doing anything else ?

I'm interested in such a solution too but the setup its not clear for me. any chance you would provide me a simple step by step gui?de

Hi@ all

Very long time ago i owned (and still do) the powercore range of virus. but my first one was a 1HE Rack B Virus back in 2002.

well: i decided to buy a ti2 desktop though the compatibility issues with catalina and so on. but hey: i have a workhorse system under mojave and just no need to upgrade my

system (i have decided to choose a mac mini 2020 model i7/1tb/64 ram). so i‘ll be very happy to place my new virus besides the other ones;-)

8)

SeleN