Beiträge von riggs62

I've never said analogs are better for you, i say they are better for me lol

I'm using TRS jacks so i have not a lot of noise :)

What i'm sure is that when i get artefacts ect with the usb output, i have no matter with the analogs....

If i really want to have no troubles (live setup), i use it in standalone mode with midi cables, i'm sure of that too lol

yep the usb get a dead silence lol

but all hardware synth get noise by analog output, but u don't ear it in a sound wall and personnally, in real time use, i feel analogs got better sound than usb, when u play with the filter for example, analogs doesn't sound as usb.... that's what i feel... analogs keep the "hardware" feeling....

i think Hub is recomanded for computers which not have pci ports and new processors models (i5, i7)

i used a belkin pci card (2 usb ports) with my win setup or the TI didn't work at all.....

read the setup guide, they're talking about @ page 4 :)

good luck

in my case the best (VC) setup is to use the ti with the analog outputs, so i use VC as an editor.....

yep, every time u want to turn it off

i noticed that usually, if i close a cubase project using VC, i get crashes when i load it again (distortion) sometimes not....

get to reboot my setup (mac + harware) or change the audio clock of the project (44 to 48khz, then 48 to 44khz), or unplug/plug the usb cable during the cubase session....

i'm not in a 100% working setup yet , get some bugs sometimes :(

He he , here i am :)

got the solution, it works for me, it must work for u (i hope lol)

setup:

imac 27 middle 2011
    core i7 quad 3,4ghz
    8gb ram (ddr3 1333mhz)
    graphics 2 gb cache

Virus TI polar (1st generation)

Hub belkin (F5U404PERBLK) (only for the TI)

(Motu traveler (firewire), motu midi express 128, steinberg cc121 are directly plugged to the usb ports of the imac, elicenser and yamaha 01v96v2 are plugged on the usb ports of my keyboard)

5 years i'm fighting with my TI and VC, first on win xp, now on os x 10.6.8....

1st: thx to access support, they said me to try a powered hub, now i haven't warning usb conflict message when i plug my TI to the VCC :)

2nd, i find the solution by myself lol but access support was here to listen to me and find a solution, since 2 weeks, thx for the time they spent for me :)

now let me explain my troubles:

i had artifacts, clicks, pops in usb mode and my TI was not "synced to host" as u guys....

i done a lot of tests and let me explain my solution:

do not shut down/turn on the ti when the usb cable is plugged!!!!!

unplug ur usb cable, turn on ur ti, then plug the usb cable, u will "synced to host" :) , then unplug ur usb cable and shut down the ti
    (in fact it is when u shut down the ti that u have to unplug the usb cable before, u can plug it when the ti is off and turn it on with the usb cable plugged, but i think it is better to plug/unplug the cable when the ti is on)

now, the TI is always synced to host :)

if ur ti is not recognized by ur system anymore, do not a factory reset, simply unplug it from the main current and plug it again :) (i say that because i plugged/unplgged my ti a lot of time lol so it can be possible it crash lol)

let me know if it works for u....

@ access support: please take note of that for maybe update that issue

finally sorry if my english langage, it is not perfect, im french, i do what i can :)

Hi

I got a TI polar and i got some troubles....

all was fine under win xp sp3 32 bits but i just installed win 7 ultimate 32 bits and now, with the same hardware configuration, cubase crash all the time when i close a project using virus ti .....???

is somebody help me?

THX

(cubase 5.1.1)