Beiträge von roccster01

Looking forward to this :)

Dropping by my old thread just to say... I finally captured the mythical white beast!

I paid a solid premium over a regular version, but it's been the one synth I've always wanted. Sold my gray TI2 to help cover the cost, so it wasn't so hard. Plan on keeping this forever!

I dont see it, is it because it is white? ;) :D
    Or is the thumbnail all we get?

And there is still verry little that can compare to the Virus, if anything even if it is a digital synth.
    I would say that I rely mostly on software synths, but the creativity it sparks tweaking knobs that you wouldnt problably do in a software is amazing and then (at least for me) the synth becomes a "real" instrument,not just a sound engine.
    Im still in my learning period, getting to know this little bad boy, but man I enjoy it! :)

I use windows 10, everything is working pretty ok.
    I have not heard that many great things about the Aura plugin though.
    Apperantly there is a finish company that have made a plugin, more info in this video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Spelunking ---> just curious, how does the Virus Control software accompany the synth? Is it on a CD? a DVD? Or is it a downloadable file?

I'm asking because my TI2 Polar arrived yesterday and there was no media accompanying the synth. The QuickStart Manual says: "The Virus TI comes bundled with the Virus Control software..." I can't find any bundles! ;)

Its part of the main download

Virus TI Installer 5.1.7.00

https://www.virus.info/downloads

After it is installed you will get the VSTs and the Virus Control

In order to download the file you need to create an account on the website, and register your unit. Then you get access to the installer i.e (Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 64-bit.msi)

That is good to know. I don't even run a VST yet, in fact I don't have a DAW yet either. I've been running a pure analog set up only using a computer to record tracks for the last 6 years. I'm probably going to try out Ableton Live since some of my friends use it and can provide local assistance.

I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. I'd heard somewhere that Virus Control did not run under Windows 11 but did run under Windows 10. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks, :)

Sorry, Im running Wn10 so cant say anything about compability with 11.
    I do use Ableton though, and think the VST works pretty good there :)

It's interesting you feel compelled to advertise for this thinly-veiled group of piracy enablers on the official forum of the company that created it.

The Virus is very much still for sale ( https://shop.kempermusic.com/de/access ), so if indeed they're spreading their TI emulator around, they're breaking even their own promise of keeping it to themselves as long as Access is selling the TI.

Thanks for being a part of the community that removes any incentive for Access to continue with the synth business.

I love this synth, but claiming you are part of a business that removes incentive is a stretch. Access have not made any effort in trying to fix bugs, or Mac support for quite sometime, so getting an emulator that can work is a great way to keep this synth alive, especially for Mac users.
    An emulator will always be just that, It can never replace the HW if thats your thing :)

My used VI2 Polar just arrived yesterday and I'm blown away by this synth! It still had the plastic protection on the screen and both sets of power cables. I could not find any reference to Virus Control anywhere. Is Virus Control on a CD or DVD? Is it even necessary to load presets, or is there some better software interface?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. 8)

I just tried the Virus Control and it was pretty straight forward.
    You can administer your patches there after making them in the Synth or the VST :)
    Are you running Windows, if you are then I would say that the Control does not seem that important since you can do alot with the presets in the VST, but if you want to burn your patches to the ROMs then you would need some way to transfer them from the .mid bank to the ROM, and thats where I think the Virus Control comes to play :)

If your asking the question, your already there mate :)
    I bought a Polar TI-2 the other day, in great condition, plastic still on the display (but not any longer because im keeping this one) ;)
    Ive just started to learn it, and man it is so much fun.
    Im on Win 10 and Ableton so everything regarding the TI-part is working just fine.
    Dammaged by all the software synths ive used I tend to do the sound sculpting through the VST, but im slowly starting to transition towards using the hardware. Still using the TI-software is great as well, automation in ableton works exactly as it should etc.
    Using 3 parts over USB seems to work great as well, which is a nice touch since 3 major synts goes a long way in my projects :)