Beiträge von AEGYRE

This is a duplicate message from my reply to Biochill's kind posting of the PDF list of Virus presets.

Thanks to Biochill's PDF listing of the PDF Preset list for the firmware release 5.1.3 I've been able to convert the list to CSV.

Due to the manual process I used, errors and omissions might have occured. Feel free to point those out and I'll correct the original document and reload it.

One group of 8 presets was omitted from the PDF and is indicated in the CSV file. If anyone can fill in those spaces feel free to let me know.

By the way. This forum does not allow uploads of CSV files. So I uploaded this CSV file with the 'TXT' suffix. Just change 'TXT' to 'CSV' and you are good to go.

:)

Thanks to Biochill's PDF listing of the PDF Preset list for the firmware release 5.1.3 I've been able to convert the list to CSV.

Due to the manual process I used, errors and omissions might have occured. Feel free to point those out and I'll correct the original document and reload it.

One group of 8 presets was omitted from the PDF and is indicated in the CSV file. If anyone can fill in those spaces feel free to let me know.

By the way. This forum does not allow uploads of CSV files. So I uploaded this CSV file with the 'TXT' suffix. Just change 'TXT' to 'CSV' and you are good to go.

Virus 5.1.3.0. Preset Banks Converted from PDF Change file type to CSV.txt

Second option:
    There is a "HOLD" mode which will hold all notes played = OSC1/ (x2 or x3) EDIT "Common 1/2" / Key Mode (Poly,Mono1,2,3,4) and "HOLD"

NOTE: depends on the Decay/Soustain of the ENV AMP

That looks like good information. What version of the firmware are you running? The reason I ask is that I cannot find the screen you are describing and it might be my version of the firmware.

Wow, this is a wealth of knowledge. I really appreciate the time you took to convey that info. I'm really glad I caught "The Virus".

;)

Congrats the Virus is fantastic! I use Windows 10 PC and old Macbook laptop with older version of Mac OS before Catalina think el Capitan works. I only use this to load the ROM banks of patches and update the firmware once. For use with a DAW, I use Aura Mystery Island plugin on new Macbook and Touch for ipad to choose patches but most of time, I use just hardware with an external hardware MIDI sequencer and to mixer than to audio interface to DAW for recording songs. The TI plugin is a joke and very slow and buggy even when I got it to work I soon learned to use the hardware user interface. The only benefit to the software plugin is using the custom arp patterns or easier way to use the powerful mod matrix.

I appreciate your detailed answer. I have a Windows 10 desktop and was hoping to be able to update the firmware from 5.0.3. Using Virus Control Center. I’d seen several references to Aura Mystery Islands plugin and would likely use that with my Windows Desktop. I don’t use a DAW (yet) but will likely go with Ableton Live and use the Aura Mystery Islands plugin. I’d never heard of the Touch iPad App before. A quick search found it. So, do you just connect your iPad with any USB cable? Mine uses USB-C.

Thanks for your help! :)

Its part of the main download

Virus TI Installer 5.1.7.00

https://www.virus.info/downloads

After it is installed you will get the VSTs and the Virus Control

In order to download the file you need to create an account on the website, and register your unit. Then you get access to the installer i.e (Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 64-bit.msi)

That is a comprehensive answer and I appreciate the details. Thank you so much!!! :) :thumbup:

I just tried the Virus Control and it was pretty straight forward.
    You can administer your patches there after making them in the Synth or the VST :)
    Are you running Windows, if you are then I would say that the Control does not seem that important since you can do alot with the presets in the VST, but if you want to burn your patches to the ROMs then you would need some way to transfer them from the .mid bank to the ROM, and thats where I think the Virus Control comes to play :)

That is good to know. I don't even run a VST yet, in fact I don't have a DAW yet either. I've been running a pure analog set up only using a computer to record tracks for the last 6 years. I'm probably going to try out Ableton Live since some of my friends use it and can provide local assistance.

I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. I'd heard somewhere that Virus Control did not run under Windows 11 but did run under Windows 10. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks, :)

My used VI2 Polar just arrived yesterday and I'm blown away by this synth! It still had the plastic protection on the screen and both sets of power cables. I could not find any reference to Virus Control anywhere. Is Virus Control on a CD or DVD? Is it even necessary to load presets, or is there some better software interface?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. 8)

Spelunking ---> just curious, how does the Virus Control software accompany the synth? Is it on a CD? a DVD? Or is it a downloadable file?

I'm asking because my TI2 Polar arrived yesterday and there was no media accompanying the synth. The QuickStart Manual says: "The Virus TI comes bundled with the Virus Control software..." I can't find any bundles! ;)